257 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:48:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 339 5:51
Ok, so I was minding my own business on a planet putting up some buildings with my trusty NPCs, then out of nowhere a Corsec patrol comes along and _arrests_ one of the NPCs working on a skyscraper.

The NPC is owned by my faction, and managed by me, and being the kind considerate person I am, I fended off the attacker before he could execute the NPC on the spot, and put the NPC into my party, and moved back aboard my Carrack /I ship.

So, now my ever useful builder NPC, is now an 'arrested' NPC, even though the cowardly assailant fled when he saw me coming, leaving my NPC alone.

The NPC is in my Party, aboard my ship, completely safe, yet I can't:

a) Kick Him out of my Party
b) Take the Handcuffs off him
c) Hadoken him to put him out of his misery.

I demand a feature that allows people to take handcuffs off arrested people/npcs if they are in your party! OR, I demand that OOF A/E be revoked until such a feature is created, bug tested, beta tested, peer reviewed, rules team considered, scrutinised, and finally released, when it is ready and 100% complete.

I have been told such a feature exists by Khan, but upon searching the lands, and the rules (which seem notoriously under-detailed) I have come up with nothing.

Could somebody please help me save poor old Arthalinea Pendrahan?

swc-problemo.jpg

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 6 Day 339 9:32
You demand, eh?

Interesting.

Good luck with that.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 6 Day 339 14:40
Darek Xearz

Porgram it yourself, if you can creat a city designer, you can implement a unarrest feature :P

Year 6 Day 339 14:52
Could just wait for the arrest to ware off.

Year 6 Day 339 17:15
Wear off? Thats the problem, it doesn't, don't you need to appeal to the admins after 30 days or something?

I will program it myself. Let me at it.

Year 6 Day 339 18:35
Marcus Traven

I guess Solo hasn't heard the one about the honey and the flies.

Year 6 Day 340 2:17
You shouldn't have been able to move an arrested NPC...

And you're not in the position to DEMAND anything.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 340 4:03
I shouldn't have been able to move it? It was sitting alone outside, with nobody protecting it. I can't see what should have stopped me from deciding to take control of it back.

And, no I'm in no position to demand anything, but I've seen all the other attempts to get rules updated. It doesn't matter what anybody says, nothing is ever going to happen.

I'm going to get Admin intervention to release my poor NPC, from the lack of an alternative solution.

Year 6 Day 340 12:19
You were building up on a Corellian World. CorSec, not knowing who you are or even knowing who are are and not wanting you to build to try to gain control, arrests your builder and causes you to flee.

And yes, no one was around, however you shouldn't be able to add an arrested anything to your group.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 341 0:49
The point is, Clarr, that you should be asking politely instead of demanding. Few people around here do anything in response to a demand.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 6 Day 341 3:50
I'm not saying that my NPC should never have been arrested; I'm glad that Corsec activly patrols its sector. I'm annoyed because of a lazy solution implemented called OOF A/E [In regards to NPCs], and the lack of through testing and planning by the programmer.

My [Still arrested] NPC is now happly working on the construction again. I take back my initial demand for the sake of being polite, and because it is unnecessary; seems arrested NPCs can still work happily constructing.

Year 6 Day 341 11:29
That's just wrong.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 341 13:46
Metuki Ryuujin

Clarr Solo

1. we dont kill anything on the spot, we don't want a case of friendly fire

2. you were/are breaking the law see for yourself

http://corsechq.net/index2.php?page=sectorLaws

3. with your lil stunt of making over facilities to the RA, allowing them to take the planet, you have proven yourself an enemy of the sector, and I assure you, when we take back the planet, those npcs are the first to die, and when combat comes out, I'm going ot personally orbital bombard your lil parks you so cutely named "pot planetations" and other facilities there. good day =)

picture171js1.png\"
Year 6 Day 341 13:51
Seems CSA was within their rights to do what they did, Clarr. It also seems that you've just been pwnt, Mr. Solo.

Edited By: Falin Dorn on Year 6 Day 341 13:54

Year 6 Day 341 15:20
Perhaps the Admins should reverse construction on facilities being worked on by arrested builder NPCs? They shouldn't be usable anyway after all...

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 342 3:21
Metuki Ryuujin: I don't care, I *wasn't* complaining about you arresting my NPCs, I am perfectly fine with you arresting my NPCs, read what I posted. I'm complaining about how the system put in place to deal with arrested NPCs is flawed and no work is being done on it to fix it. I already stated I applaud your great work at intercepting my construction. What I'm annoyed about is the fact that theres no 'buttons to press' to unarrest my NPC, and theres no safeguards on the construction process to stop arrested NPCs from working again whilst working.

Dorn:
Seems CSA was within their rights to do what they did 

Corsec, not Corporate Sector. Do you want to shut up now before you go and make a bigger fool of yourself?

WvI: It shouldn't be reversed, because theres 9[ish] other builders. Remove the one builder and theres still plenty there to continue building.

Still, if the option was there to unarrest my NPC, because he was most definitly not in captivity, with nobody holding a gun to his head (Its a figure of speech, there was nothing around to restrain him), he would freely be working, which he is doing right now. To further this flawed system, the NPC is magically unarrested; how I don't know; wether it was from Corsec or from Admin intervention, he is no longer listed as arrested anyway?

Before anybody else posts:

I'm not complaining that my NPC got arrested by Corsec.

I'm complaining that theres NO Systems in place to deal with the now-Arrested NPC.

Flame Away; remember to read what I post, and relate to that in your text, rather than going off on parallels and making stuff up, or saying things that may be true, yet are completely wrong in the context ;)

Year 6 Day 342 3:57
I agree in this case, sure the NPC could be arrested no problems, but when the arrester leaves and someone else turns up they should be able to free them.

Disregarding that facto for a minute obviously the code still has a few bugs if an arrested NPC can be added to another party, and start construction again whilst arrested? anyone ever tried laying bricks with stun cuffs on?

rhystarsig7eg.gif\"

\"It is in the time when darkness falls evil reigns and all hope has faded from site, that true leaders emerge bearing the gift of hope in its purest form.\"
Year 6 Day 342 3:59
It seems most people have failed to realise that yet again Dreighton has pulled out a half finished but in this case 1% started feature and thrown it out for us to use and complain about.

An arrested NPC shouldn't be able to continue work, move about, or be added to any group other than the person that arrested the npc. Yet again we are forced to use one of Dreighton ridiculous features that are always filled with bugs. I am not saying your not or doing a good job JD....well actually your not. But what am saying is you keep dumping crap on us.

If you can't handle it or don't have the time as the case seems to be then please had it over to someone else.

All and all i still love ya and every other admin.
:)

signatures.png\"