Year

Day

Time

13:07:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 340 11:53
What is the deal with droids...????
is it possible to build droids in a factory (within a droid production faction)????
who do I speak to about buying a droid???
Do droids work like NPCs????

If droids haven't been implemented, what's the point in a factory or droid production factions????

\"Tread with care in foreign lands human, if you are lucky you will only lose your pride.\"
Year 6 Day 340 11:58
Droids haven't been implemented at all yet: and since we can't produce ANYTHING then they can't produce droids in a factory as yet, though this is planned.

I can't answer if droids work like NPCs or not, except to assume that since they technically would be NPCs they will be similar. Of course, NPCs are surely going to change at some point anyway.

There is no point right now (other than rp) in having a driod production faction. Similarly, there is "no point" in having a pirate, security, ship production or many other factions since they don't fulfil their primary function. However, does it matter what your faction does? Surely its the social aspect that keeps you there, rather than what it can and can't do.

And I suggest keeping your fingers off the question mark key in future... you are very likely to be massively flamed for putting 4 question marks at the end of every sentence.

/me pulls out a flame-thrower ready

Year 6 Day 340 12:20
"I am about to be massively flamed"??? Why what is wrong with several question marks??? Whom will be doing the flaming???? Who will actually care about such a flaming???

What is the main function of a factory currently then??? If there is no function, why can people build it???? Sorry if I am missing something, but why would anyone build facilities that have no practical use???

It's all well and good talking about the whole social aspect, but other factions have unfair advantage

I mean, personally, I can see no benefit in shelling out 25 million for a faction, and then a few more million on factories while it is not possible to actually do anything!!!!!

- it just means people only benefit from certain factions - if you want to make money, be succesful, etc. you have to join like 2 types of factions (mining or government)!

Why are droids in the rules if the have not been implemented at all???

Last Questions...

Won't this led to factions that are disproportionatly better than others???? I don't like the whole social aspect and want to make money - is it possible to make any money with droid production facilities???? Or does everyone like me have to join mining/government factions???

\"Tread with care in foreign lands human, if you are lucky you will only lose your pride.\"
Year 6 Day 340 13:01
Marcus Traven

Strider, two words: De-Caff

The problem with several question marks/exclamation points and such is it indicates an impolite attitude on your posts.

Many of the games functions are yet to be implimented. Production (I've been lead to believe) will be next, followed by combat. As it stands now there is no production and no combat which means the primary function of most of the factions are not implemented yet. When production is implemented (I understand they're getting close) then the factories will begin working. So the reason to build a factory now is so that it will already be in place when production begins- rather than waiting until production begins to start building your factories.

Droids are in the rules because this game is a work in progress and it's better to have the rules published before the droids come online than have the droids online and no entry for them in the rules.

Like people, characters, and starships, some factions are richer, stronger, and larger than others. They're factions, not Football teams, they don't have to be evenly balanced.

If you want to make money look through the advertisements for the different factions, find a good paying job and try to join that faction.

You don't have to join a faction, I didn't, but if you want to accumilate wealth and power going Freelance isn't the way.

Do you have any more questions (with one question mark)?

Mar

Year 6 Day 340 15:26
Guest/Visitor

"I am about to be massively flamed"??? Why what is wrong with several question marks??? Whom will be doing the flaming???? Who will actually care about such a flaming??? 

Well, since marcus explained the technichal questions, i will answer the social ones.

Flaming is the act of insulting or otherwise incite violence by writing many bad words and the like.

Several question marks may be amusing once or twice, but many people will be irritated by them and will insult you or otherwise act mad.

The flaming will be done by someone with poor IQ or someone who had a bad day and needs to get rid of the misplaced aggression.

You will care about flaming, no matter how tough you are being insulted hurts and will most likely make you insult the person who insulted you.

Ask any more questions you may have. Many will do their best to answer them.

- Bladerock

Year 6 Day 340 15:43
Respond to 'Guest' --

Ok, if people have a problem with several question marks that is their problem... but, i get the idea, people are morons

Moving on...

On Droids

you seem to miss the point about factions being disporportionally larger than others

anyways, I am drifting of the subject- and got no more questions

Year 6 Day 340 16:00
Marcus Traven

I would like to personally thank Ekoo Strider for helping me make an important decision. I've decided, in the future, not to answer questions by people who post impolitely. In fact I think I'm going to extend this rule to not trading with people who post impolitely.

Thank you, Ekoo Strider, for your help.

Marcus Traven
Master and Commander of the Jinx Mistress

Year 6 Day 340 21:33
you are very likely to be massively flamed for putting 4 question marks at the end of every sentence.

I would like to point out that "who do I speak to about buying a droid???" only had a mere 3 questionmarks ;)

TenielDjo.png
Year 6 Day 341 0:54
The point of having/creating a droid faction now is that you can build up members, amass materials, transport ships, and create sufficient factories in appropriate locations so that you will be more than ready when production is implemented. Same as ship and vehicle production groups. And paramilitary factions with regards to combat.

If you wait until something is implemented to create the appropriate faction, you'll be way behind the ball and find it hard to get market share.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 6 Day 341 3:31
Ralgarrch

I would post something constructive, however its clear that it would be a waste of time and effort. As I have coursework to avoid doing, I will however post this.

Ral.png
Year 6 Day 341 3:33
These last three posts were possibly the most perfect answers I've ever seen in this forum.

Year 6 Day 346 12:19
Maradin, you obviously don't read my answers carefully enough. I am perfection. Seriously, I took a test and everything.

Year 6 Day 346 17:14
I'd like to extend my previous remark to four. Ralgaarch obviously posted in between my reading and posting.

And lets close this thread.