Year

Day

Time

02:57:55

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Hail achievement not earned even though i Hailed a Target
I hailed a target while i was in my ship, sent the message and all. But it didnt give me the achievement or the XP associated with it.

The question isn\'t how many credits I make now? It\'s how many credits can I continue to make from this meeting? This is the difference between a salesman, and a business man.
http://bugs.swcombine.com

thanks!

The question isn\'t how many credits I make now? It\'s how many credits can I continue to make from this meeting? This is the difference between a salesman, and a business man.
Ah believe that you have to hail another player, and not from within your ship (unless they also happen to be in your ship)

Just tried Hailing one of mah NPCs and got a 'No script found' message

hailing a droid should work

Sim Karr

Aye, hailing a droid is how I received this achievement.

Indeed, you have to hail a player, droid or NPC through the position interface for it to work.

Ellias_sig6.png
Just tried it again on the one NPC ah brought with me, and got the same response (or non-response)

Tiali, you do realise that not all the NPC scripts are in yet?

Ellias_sig6.png
Mah point is, maybe until all NPC scripts are in, have it that Hail works onl on PC's and/or droids (unless not all droid scripts are in either)

Sim Karr

Tiali, you're not making any sense. Wait for the rest of the scripts to come out or find a droid or PC to hail.

Hailing a PC (or NPC) from in a ship does not work. Never has. A character does not have a radio transmitter built into them (or whatever SW tech equivalent you want to refer to it as) in order to receive the signal. You have to get out and talk to them.

Hailing an NPC without a script is just... hailing an NPC without a script. Telling you it has no script after you try is less server intensive than checking to see if it has a script before displaying the button, since often you'll be loading that page with no intention of hailing anyone.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Also, I believe there is both a hail and a talk button. The talk button will not cover your hail achievement in anyway, so script or no shouldn't affect it either way.

Ellias_sig6.png
That's what ah was saying Sim

And Hal, ah was in the same room as mah NPC (just happened we were both in the same ship at the time) or are you saying that hailing doesn't work within ships under any circumstance?

You can hail from a ship to a ship. Or from/to a vehicle. But you can't hail from a ship (as in, being in the cockpit and hitting "hail") to a person or thing on foot (PCs, NPCs, droids).

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Yeah, ah know that (have tried in the past), if ah remember correctly (this was maybe last year) there isn't even the option to hail them from the cockpit