254 are online

Year

Day

Time

07:09:14

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Username not accepted. What did I do wrong?
I attempted to create an account under the character name 'Rusty Bacon'. However, I recieved an email from SWCombine stating the name was not allowed. What's wrong, and how do I fix the name?

Review the handle rules and submit an application that complies with them.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Indeed, Rusty Bacon is not a name you would usually see except on computers. You need a handle that looks/sounds like a real name you would hear if you asked someone on the street.

Ellias_sig6.png
So if Kevin Bacon had a brother named Russell with ginger hair, his nickname wouldn't have been 'Rusty'?

Your key word there, Tiali, is "nickname".

And while it is theoretically possible that we turn down some person's real name, we only do so in the sense of good taste and the spirit of the game. No offense to anybody's parents.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Was just pointing out that some unlikely names (like that welsh one a couple weeks ago) are actually real, but it still comes down to the descretion of the Admins and their word is final (unless you are able to figure out what they can be bribed with ;))

Gunther Innis Tennor

Obviously it was declined due to it sounding like a status description of a pork product. Trying to make the situation into something it isn't is foolhardy and moronic.

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Don't know about where you are from GIT, but animals (and related food by-products) over here do not 'rust'

It could have been pressed up against some iron that had previously been wet. ;)

But anyway, I did allow that we might inadvertantly decline a name someone has in real life. But let's face it, parents are stressed, hormonal, often sleep-deprived creatures and can easily make foolish decisions (like, in some cases, breeding in the first place ;P ).

Gunther Innis Tennor

Tiali, thank you for proving my point. I knew you wouldn't fail me.

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Any suggestions for how I can change this to get it accepted?

What race are you planning on being? That's usually a good start (unless it's some variation of Human :P)

Get rid of Rusty and use something that sounds like a proper name, like Bill, Joe etc. Heck, have a look through the races you want to be, then look at wookieepedia or similar and see what sorts of names those races use.

Ellias_sig6.png
I've got a name: Hazdi Viuv. The first part is a combination of the Spanish commands for 'do' and 'say'. The last name...I dunno. Is this an OK name?

Seems to be a-ok to me, but I don't make decisions =P

I would accept that.

Ellias_sig6.png
Thanks, I'll reapply. Also, does this game work on iPhone/ iPod Touch?

Yes*.

* - not all features work all the time, and it can be a pain to get things working. But I have certainly performed most basic functions through an iphone interface.