261 are online

Year

Day

Time

08:49:05

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 172 0:52

While items descriptions have been elaborated (some excessively imo), they are lacking the vital statistics and functions in a concise definition that was previously there.
eg. Belt - adds +1 carrying capacity to the wearer

I need to get that exact rules definition again, at least, items that have been fully or partially implemented.
Then I can post in the suggestions forum to update each item that I feel is lacking the sufficient data.

Is this available?

Edited By: Metyl Onyx on Year 11 Day 172 1:19
Year 11 Day 172 1:22
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

There's no such thing as "+1 carrying capacity"

Those things have been removed exactly because they don't accurately reflect their mechanics.

Year 11 Day 172 1:26
http://www.swcombine.com/forum/forum.php?forumID=166

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 11 Day 172 1:35

As opposed to part of the current definition
"The use of a belt will keep the wearer's pants in place.."

Belt was only an example.

SWLTR Suits used to say something like +40 AP points when used on snow glacier terrain.
(Don't quote me)

Now that description has been removed.
If someone wants to buy one, I can't really tell them what they do.

I'm fully prepared to submit new descriptions if I have the rules to do so.

Year 11 Day 172 3:33
Isn't there now an actual AP stat for armour?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 172 4:00
true, Armour: 20
But nothing in relation to the terrain types the suit protects from, preventing submissions of better descriptions.
Presumably that's why it's still only classed as partially implemented though.
Maybe not the best example to present , either. My bad.

Let's look at a... Thermal Survival Suit, because it is fully implemented.
http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Survival&ID=3

"The body suit to complete the set of the Thermal Survival outfit. While primarily used to protect the wearer from temperatures that could otherwise harm them, the suit should not be misinterpreted as allowing the wearing to wade through lava or other such extreme temperatures because the suit does not grant invulnerability to temperatures. "

It's fairly vague.
What is it's actual function, terrain protection feature?

All I initially was going to do in the suggestion forums was update the existing descriptions with a rules summary. (I don't know the actual function to give you a decent example :P)

"Summary:When combined with Thermal Survival Helmet allows the wearer to walk on xxx terrain without suffering xxx effects.

The body suit to complete the set of the Thermal Survival outfit. While primarily used to protect the wearer from temperatures that could otherwise harm them, the suit should not be misinterpreted as allowing the wearing to wade through lava or other such extreme temperatures because the suit does not grant invulnerability to temperatures. "

Thus the Conundrum.

Year 11 Day 172 4:03
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Environments

There's the list of items which protect against certain environments.

Year 11 Day 172 4:07
Thanks very much :)

Year 11 Day 172 4:09
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Sure, no problem.

Year 11 Day 172 7:05
Ah thats what you wanted. I believe that page was linked when environment damage was inplemented.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 173 15:24
Also, feel free to pester the descriptions team about getting around to incorporating protection from environmental damage into the item descriptions at some point. ;)