Year

Day

Time

16:58:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 186 17:07
Deleted Post
Deleted by Arkondrius Ray`Dur. Reason: ...
Year 11 Day 186 17:16
Like who? Anyone who takes an ASim position has to drop their character. If you have an accusation that someone is still playing a character, or using their abilities to help a specific person/group/faction, then mail your evidence to Veynom.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 186 17:21
Deleted Post
Year 11 Day 186 17:33
Ellias (formerly Ellias Aubec) is an Assistant SimMaster (Asim). He dropped his character that led Krath's banking faction (the one with the Nova Crystals - IGBC, think?) in order to become an ASim. While he technically still has a character in the DB, it is for testing purposes only, and he does not 'play', is not a member of a player faction (I think all the ASims are in the Darkness faction), etc.

The same applies to Talor (formerly Talor Dakari, if I recall correctly, but I don't know his old faction) and Flich (Warfield?), Jesfa, and anyone else who officially holds the rank of ASim.

Furthermore, any action taken by an ASim (or anyone with any kind of team privileges) is logged and can be reviewed for appropriateness if there is any question or doubt.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 186 17:46
Deleted Post
Year 11 Day 186 18:09
What a given ASim decides to do with their inventory is up to them. When Tidus dropped his character, he donated much of it to Alissma. Ellias, I would guess, sent his to his old faction (or possibly Krath). Talor... can't say. You could ask the guy yourself?

Year 11 Day 186 18:38
Those of us who become ASims can either give our inventories to whoever we like prior to becoming ASims. Otherwise we just make everything over to Darkness. Then, if we go back to being players like Seele did, we get our stuff returned to us.

And Talor is still Talor Dakari.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 187 3:34
Zephlin Abath

Personally, provided the ASim has the intelligence to not abuse his power, he/she should be able to hold a character. Although past experinces with ASim with characters has proven the majority are incapable of seperating IC from OOC like most players and have ruined it for the rest of us. :/

Many people do not know this, but Australia is actually run by New Zealanders.
Year 11 Day 188 10:16
Perhaps you were confused because I believe they both (Ellias for sure) have a "character" for testing purposes still. Ellias uses his to diagnose Force bugs.

Year 11 Day 188 11:06
They all have characters, they don't play their character or own assets.

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 11 Day 188 19:20
^

Technically we are still players, we retain our old characters etc. However we cannot go build for people, do production, etc. We can teleport to where people are that are having issues if say they cannot operate something because of a bug, so we can check.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 190 3:04
Deleted Post
Year 11 Day 190 3:16
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Totally agree, because an admin without a character absolutely can't leak information to players.

Year 11 Day 190 3:43
Gunther Innis Tennor

We take a solemn oath with a virtual glass of mead and a bit of the ole digital bloodletting. After the ritualistic branding, the desire to resist leaking is so strong, we have issues when retiring to the loo.

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Year 11 Day 190 4:23
The branding is real, btw. It's what the dev meetings are for.

Arkondrius, if a person is corrupt and abusive of their position, they'll find a way to abuse their station with or without a character (even a non-played character).

Year 11 Day 190 4:40
Ark, you going to say the same of Vey? Zhao? They both have 'characters', so obviously they can leak info to the factions they used to be in many many years ago...

Everything we do is logged, and all other admins can see those events. Pretty much any action can be reverted in some way if it was found to be being abused. ASim X leaks position info on Player T to Player U. Player U kills Player T. ASim X is found out, Player T is restored and nothing pernament changes.

ASims choose to become so to help the game, not themselves and their friends. Ark have you had a bad experience with an ASim and information going AWOL or such like, since otherwise its baseless accusation.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 190 5:17
Gunther Innis Tennor

The branding is real, btw. It's what the dev meetings are for.

- WvC

It's true, my left arm is completely sleeved now.

/me plans on getting his right arm sleeved by working on R&D

Year 11 Day 190 12:24
Zero Turner

Doing experiments on themselves and not others... What a twist.

Zero-sig.jpg

Year 11 Day 190 17:34
Deleted Post
Year 11 Day 190 17:53
They do not play their characters. This has been stated several times already. Having a character only allows them to view and test issues that are reported as bugs/blocks/etc. Are you trying to cause trouble, or just stupid?

If they did not have a character, they could not perform the necessary duties.

If you think the Admin are biased, then quit. If you don't quit, then we'll assume you accept them as fair, and expect you to shut up.

Year 11 Day 190 18:06
Deleted Post
Year 11 Day 190 18:36
Gunther Innis Tennor

Thanks for reminding me why I put you in the emo grudge match. :p

Seriously though, the game was created and is run by the players. Even Vey was an active player at one point. Those whom have been chosen to be Admins and such have (hopefully) shown a certain level of trustworthiness.

No matter what happens trust must exist in all aspects of life and if you want every aspect regulated then blandness will consume all.

Year 11 Day 190 20:14
If you can move anywhere in the game, and see anything in the game, what stops you from being an Imperial Spy? 

If you think the Admin are biased, then quit. 

Buh-bye.

Year 11 Day 191 0:12
This guy would wet his pants if he saw all the admin tools that asims have access to.

DID YOU KNOW THEY CAN TRANSFER YOUR ASSETS REMOTELY???
DID YOU KNOW THEY CAN LOGIN AS YOU WITHOUT YOUR PASSWORD???
</conspiracy>

Edited By: Clarr Solo on Year 11 Day 191 0:12

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 11 Day 191 0:22
DID YOU KNOW THEY CAN TURN ON YOUR WEBCAM AND WATCH YOU AS YOU SIT, NAKED, AT YOUR COMPUTER? =O

Really, what you're suggesting is to have asims that have never played the Combine and thus have no allegiances.

What's to stop Veynom from telling the Empire everything about enemy positions that we'd want to know? What's to stop Zhao from deleting the assets of the NR on a whim? Nothing except for mutual oversight.

Your idea is ignorant and stupid. People who want to abuse the system will do so, and will most often be caught and punished, and their actions reversed to the best of the administration's ability. There is no way to get around the fact that admins still have to have some sort of character, even though (as has been explained to you NUMEROUS TIMES NOW) that "character" is now no more than simply a name.

And if you made them create an account, then guess what? They'd still be the same person! I'd be an ex-Imperial (I have access to Force information! And the Empire/Sith don't know any of it, because I'm not a cheating asshole!), Jevon would be ex-BS (he knows almost everyone who's made a lightsaber because of their custom image requests! zomg, a list of powerful force-sensitives! Yet I haven't seen it anywhere!), Zhao would be ex-Eidola, and the list goes on.

And if you don't like that, well then,

Buh-bye.

- Hal Breden

Year 11 Day 191 1:59
Oh sorry Mikel, was all that supposed to be secret? Shucks...

But yes Ark, Admins have way more control over everyones accounts than they themselves do, due to the nature of the tools we have to aid the players in fixing bugs etc.

Ellias_sig6.png