Day

Time

07:12:59

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 190 2:19
Dan Hakim

Does a NPC shop give you the same access to NPC market as a Commerce centre?

It's not listed in the rules (unless I missed it) but seems a bit strange that you can't access the NPC market from an NPC shop.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 11 Day 190 2:22
No, NPC Shops contain a shopkeeper NPC that sells basic items (belt, backpack, knife).

It's possible that this NPC is currently broken, I'm not sure if it has already received a new script that allows it to interact with players.

Year 11 Day 190 4:41
NPC Shopkeepers scripts are not working yet, however you can still buy items from the Actions part of the Position interface inside such a Shop.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 190 5:25
Just to clarify: an NPC Shop is just a shop run by an NPC, not a shop you can buy NPCs from (that would be a slave market btw)

Year 11 Day 190 15:28
Tiali, you can buy NPCs from almost any building... do you ever know what you are talking about?

Year 11 Day 190 19:36
Dan Hakim

I'm not looking to buy NPCs.

Thanks for the answers, it's just I've never seen an NPC shop, much less been in one, so I've never been able to check for myself.

Year 11 Day 190 23:36
You got me Jevon, ah don't know shit and just like screwing with people

Year 11 Day 191 0:46
Bardan Nyad

You may have touched a nerve Jevon:P remember, a woman scorned is a woman who is more than likley to take an ice pick to your head.

Year 11 Day 191 1:56
Tiali, in that case can you refrain from posting in the help forums so we don't have random new players getting the wrong ideas about features please. Bad help is worse than no help.

Dan, all NPC shops are on homeworlds of the various races. Generally they will be in the same city as the NPC starport that is shown on the planet map, but a few will not be.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 191 2:55
Ok, can ah request a ban so ah don't accidentally get tempted to offer bad help? (the last time ah asked for a ban happened immediately, so maybe this will happen again)

Year 11 Day 191 8:29
Bardan Nyad

-.-

On a side note, Dan,welcome to the combine.

\"Photobucket\"

\"Pain heals, but glory lasts forev
Year 11 Day 191 8:55
Also on another side note it is no wonder shops dont have access to the Market. The NPC shopkeepers are terribly unfriendly...
You pay them your hard earned money and do they hand you the item? No! they always throw it down on the floor by your feet and expect you to pick it up.
I lost all of my money when I first started trying to get items and not realizing that they were on the ground and then how to pick up such things even if I discovered they were there. How rude. I wish someone could teach them manners.
--Arch, out.

Year 11 Day 191 8:56
Dan Hakim

Thanks, Bardon, just a year late. ;)

Year 11 Day 191 9:06
Bardan Nyad

haha. Apologies.

when i first spawned there was a guy tryingto sell me macrobinoculars. i lost about 1k before i realized i wasnt getting them:D

\"Photobucket\"

Year 11 Day 191 9:06
Eshini`el Sandhawk

Dan is old fellow in Combine Bardan, he runs best NFG around.

"You are only as rich as the enrichment you bring to the world around you."
Year 11 Day 191 9:52
Bardan Nyad

yeah, figured that out:P

\"Photobucket\"

Year 11 Day 191 10:12
Tal Dorn

Just being curious...
But when Homeworlds are shielded and players do not have access to the NPC shops... will those goods be randomly added to the NPC market?
Or could you build a 3x3 Shop and ask the Admins to make it a NPC run shop?
Or could you request, from the admins, that a NPC shop be added to a city you own?

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 11 Day 191 17:25
Only a couple of homeworlds are fully shielded. If/when all are it'll be most likely that there will be one owned by an ally or someone you are neutral with that will let you through. Shops are not buildable by any players. You can request but its almost guaranteed that we won't spawn one for you.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 191 20:04
Since NPC shops are primarily intended for new players who will be spawning on homeworlds, a shield shouldn't generally impede them. NPC transports also bypass shields, so you can just take one of those if you absolutely have to get to a shielded homeworld to buy items from a NPC shop.

On an aside; Ellias, what's the policy on trading facilities between cities to get the NPC shop into the same city the starport is in?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 191 22:19
Ah, Sin and I were talking about such a possibililty. Those starports that are not in the same city as the shop were moved because there was no room left. Swapping facilities over to move the starports back to the NPC cities would be preferable, but then there could be issues with facilities on a city owned by someone else etc. Probably need it come combat if what Sin said will be implemented.

Ellias_sig6.png
Page 1 2