Day

Time

18:51:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 201 12:22
Davidus Kla

I am sorry to disagree, but the story is not plausible. Actually it doesnt make any sense at all.

It was race against the time, Eidola needed to get those PRs finish before their builders get arrested. So arresting builders which work on those PRs, pausing facility, and immediately adding all of them back...where is any logic in that? Apart of exploit?
If you want something finished asap, you dont touch it.

Now lets assume the story pathological liar feeded to us is true ( even if this liar was called out multiple times by multiple people on adjusting what happened in own favor ). So, if this non-reproducable, never before seen "bug" on crucial facilities only really occured, someone so well versed with rules as Keir is, obviously noticed the unfair advantage it is giving him. Did he report it? Did he talk to anyone about it? No. Thats by multiple precedents still a bug exploiting, isnt it?

For example when someone created credits by exploiting a bug and failed to report that, he was banned. Did he yell at admins "Not my fault your code is shitty" and got away with it? No.

Year 11 Day 201 12:55
Kiari Delcroix

I agree, the bug should of been reported immediately once found out. Failure to report a bug and benefit from it is still a exploit and everyone else that does it is banned.

I don't understand what the problem is here. Either hold people accountable to the rules or don't, you can't have it both ways.

Year 11 Day 201 14:41
Adam Zad

Kiari, Davidus, I think you're both leaping to completely unwarranted conclusions. For the record, yes, I am in Eidola, but I'm pretty much inactive these days, so I only know what I've seen in the forums.

You're both assuming that having the NPCs become immune to arrest benefited Eidola, and that doesn't seem to be true. As I understand it, the plan was to arrest the NPCs, move them to safety, and then return them to finish building later. This probably would have worked, since neither Black Sun nor Subduco had enough people in the area to maintain constant security.

What this means is that Eidola didn't benefit from the bug - if the bug hadn't existed, we probably would have won the build war anyway. We obviously didn't know the bug existed, we didn't plan to use the bug, and we didn't do anything to profit from the bug.

Should the bug have been reported? I guess, in theory. Personally, I don't bother to report bugs, since I don't remember my Bug Base password, and it's too much hassle to get a new one. The last time I ran into a bug, where I should have got an Achievement and didn't, I just went to #swc-help, where they told me it wasn't a bug, so I shrugged it off. Now, it turns out it WAS a bug, and I guess if I nagged an Asim, I could get the Achievement, but that would just be a pain in the ass. Eidola was in a similar situation - they experienced a minor bug that interfered with their plans, and didn't bother to report it.

Year 11 Day 201 14:46
Davidus Kla

Adam, please read my first post in this thread. Thank you.

Year 11 Day 201 15:28
Gunther Innis Tennor

Gitane, to translate your rant - that is "How dare you say we threatened to ban people, take that back or I'll ban u", yes?

- Keir

My "rant" was more about "Stop lying, cheating and making false accusations because you are already on your last strike", does that clarify things for you?

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Year 11 Day 201 18:05
So arresting builders which work on those PRs, pausing facility, and immediately adding all of them back...where is any logic in that? Apart of exploit?
If you want something finished asap, you dont touch it. 

You have 100 NPCs in the city, you notice your enemy is online and machinegunning them...so you go bring half of them aboard your ship to safety, with the intention to put them back to work after he goes offline.

You don't see the logic in that? I guess that's why you can't win a buildwar IC, and have to resort to OOC tactics.

So, if this non-reproducable, never before seen "bug" on crucial facilities only really occured, 

The bug that the only PROGRAMMER to weigh in, has said is verifiable and actual? That bug? Or the one that my IC enemies like to claim doesn't exist?

someone so well versed with rules as Keir is, obviously noticed the unfair advantage it is giving him. Did he report it? Did he talk to anyone about it? No.  

...how the hell would I notice and/or report it? I wasn't even online when the facilities were to complete construction, you can check my activity logs (or get an ASim to do so) - I didn't arrest the builders, I wasn't even in the city...so I'm just a faction leader with 2000 Faction Events occurring in a buildwar, and you're mad because I don't read them all? I didn't know there was even a *claim* of a bug until I logged in and had a message from you telling me that you were going to the admins to report something, and I was to not construct anything until they settled the matrer. And even then, Talor had to copy/paste relevant events to me...

So Keir, who wasn't in the city, didn't build the facilities, didn't arrest the NPCs, didn't fail to arrest some NPCs, that same Keir woke up in the morning, logged into SWC and saw the planet had magically gone back to Subduco/Black Sun control, THAT Keir should've somehow preemptively reported a bug that had absolutely shit-all to do with him? While I was sleeping, or do you suggest I hire psychics?

TenielDjo.png
Year 11 Day 202 0:10
Davidus Kla

You have 100 NPCs in the city, you notice your enemy is online and machinegunning them...so you go bring half of them aboard your ship to safety, with the intention to put them back to work after he goes offline.

You don't see the logic in that? I guess that's why you can't win a buildwar IC, and have to resort to OOC tactics. 

Lovely. That even looks like it makes sense. *Applause* Except:

NPCs were NOT hidden. Arrester sweeped through the city, through fully staffed facilities. He didnt encounter any facilities without builders, or with low builders. All he encountered was hundredsome builders building their asses off, which he all slaughtered. Except immunized ones.

Anyway, i am done here. Correcting constant tweaks to truth, twisted to point where it appears something totally different happened is not my cup of tea, and not reason why i play this game. Misinformation is for sure part of this game, but only IC. When cheating ( either purposeful which i strongly believe you did, or using a bug to own advantage ), OOC lies to get away with it are not in place. You were caught numerous times lying in this very thread...so feel free to continue if you need to. Without me arguing about your lies though.

Good thing is administration decided as decided, and you are not profiting from the exploit. Another good thing is that constant, demagogic lying about what happened and bringing your minions to parrot in public threads what you told them to is not going to change the right decision.

EDIT: spelling

Edited By: Davidus Kla on Year 11 Day 202 3:04
Year 11 Day 202 8:10
I've been on IRC all of once since this even happened, and it was to ask a question in #swc-help for about twenty minutes? So I'm certainly not bringing people in to parrot things - same way you've lied about everything else, and then made grandiose statements like "Well it's clear you're cheating".

Anyways, to the admins, am I getting things turned back to how they were, with a couple hours remaining on my facilities and half of his non-existant, or are you just going to delete three facilities that gave me control...until he retakes control...then giving me the three facilities now that they'll no longer give me control?

Because I gotta say, that last option seems kinda weak...interfere in a buildwar, remove the necessary flats for Eidola to win...then say "Oh, okay, NOW we'll give them back" three days later, after they will no longer let Eidola win.

TenielDjo.png
Year 11 Day 202 17:13
Deleted Post
Kiari Delcroix
Deleted by Kiari Delcroix. Reason: Nevermind
Year 11 Day 204 22:14
Right, so now five days later - now that Eidola is not 2 flats from victory, but 30 flats from victory, can we get those 3 wrongly-deleted flats restored...as the first step in setting things back to how they were? Because I didn't lose this buildwar to Black Sun, I lost it wrongful admin interference and innuendo.

TenielDjo.png
Year 11 Day 204 22:43
Have you tried sending polite, private DMs to the appropriate people?

I may be wrong, but it seems it would be easy to overlook serious requests in a post/thread full of general complaints.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 205 2:08
I offered to restore the flats several days ago, in a conversation with Squall. He said he'd talk to you about it and get back to me.

I've yet to hear back from him on the matter, and indeed we have held conversations since then.

So could either of you just prod me on IRC.

So long, and thanks for all the fish...
Year 11 Day 205 5:58
Deleted Post
Deleted by Gitane Z. Reason: Quit your whinging and follow the steps that you have been told to do.
Year 11 Day 205 6:05
Gunther Innis Tennor

You have been told how to recover some losses, stop your insistent bitching.

Page 1 2