Day

Time

06:01:46

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 205 17:46
Gideon Stargazer

Is there a fee for merging Factions?
If the merging Faction has an extra HQ datacard does the paqrent Faction get the HQ DC?

<a href=Photobucket
Year 11 Day 205 18:21
I don't think there is a fee for merging. As for the DC, I suspect it should be moved accross since they can both have the same HQ DC.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 205 19:26
http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Factions#Faction_Mergers

This suggests the cost is the same as registering a new faction.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 205 20:14
Gideon Stargazer

Seems correct. ~25 million credits were deducted. As for the extra HQ DC, it did not carry over.

<a href=Photobucket
Year 11 Day 205 20:26
The given link also mentions DCs, saying the following:

"However, when merging datacards, datacards only get merged if they match the production type of the group they are merging to."

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 206 21:29
Gideon Stargazer

Hrm it was two Ship Manufacturers merging so I am not sure why the HQ DC wouldn't carry over.

<a href=Photobucket
Year 11 Day 206 22:10
Hal, I would of thought they would move since technically ship factions can build facilities. At a guess, its possible that either the coders forgot about HQ DCs, or it was an intended process to prevent building way more HQs than you could obtain without getting an exceedingly large number of members.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 206 22:29
Well, "match the production type" is not the same as "can build". But the two other mentioned possibilities seem equally as likely.