202 are online

Year

Day

Time

23:39:03

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 214 17:50
So, with the revamp of creature features, when spawning is turned on, will creatures with a homeworld spawn only on their homeworld?
Or will it be like buying npcs, where they are more likeky to spawn on their homeworld but can still have a random chance to spawn anywhere, given the appropriate terrain?

Kaira_Mirv.png
Year 11 Day 214 18:28
Related question: Will the existing creatures in ridiculously unsuitable locations be removed when the new spawning system is enabled?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 214 22:13
Kaira, unless the spawning rules are changed with creature combat, it will be like it was previously - creatures with a homeworld listed will only spawn on that planet. Allowing a greater chance for spawning on its homeworld is an interesting idea, especially with the number of creatures we have, but I have no idea how easy it would be to add.

Hal, do you mean creatures that were spawned before spawning was switched off? If so I think there is supposed to be a time limit or something similar that removes the creatures later. Otherwise we could of ended up with thousands of creatures swarming planets already.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 214 22:13
Creatures will have a larger chance to spawn on their homeworld, but will also spawn on other planets.

Hal, I don't think there's plans for that atm, but I'll ask Sin.

OvITemptation.png

"The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it."- Dune
Year 11 Day 214 22:34
I'm pretty sure the people with packs of a dozen rancors on top of their facilities won't necessarily be too happy if they persist.

No, as far as I know this does not include me.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 215 1:31
*brain asplode*

Two different Asims, two different answers. Gah!

Kaira_Mirv.png
Year 11 Day 215 2:07
Can I get a little clarification on this rule?

Creatures will only spawn on planets where there are no characters, vehicles, ships, or other creatures except the character and their party.

Exploring the galaxy one planet at a time.
Year 11 Day 215 2:24
Yeah: remove 'planets' add 'grids'

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 215 6:41
Thanks Ellias.

Exploring the galaxy one planet at a time.
Year 11 Day 215 8:42
Oh, and Owen is wrong...

Just asked Sin, and currently homeworld listed creatures spawn only on that planet. May or may not change after creature combat is released, but that is how it stands now.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 215 9:03
We're probably going to purge all creatures before the release and let them populate again in a controlled manner.

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 11 Day 217 22:25
Christian Hall

I'm going hunting!! I bet I can kill faster than you can spawn.
Also thanks for the answers I was wondering this to but was to lazy to post it.

Year 11 Day 218 4:05
I too am going on a hunting expedition! I don't know what I'm going hunting for yet though, any recommendations for a good hunting ground?

Year 11 Day 218 4:44
Gunther Innis Tennor

I'm pretty sure the people with packs of a dozen rancors on top of their facilities won't necessarily be too happy if they persist.

- Hal

People just need to market it properly.

Rancor.png

Like you can't make a public event with big game hunters.

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Year 11 Day 218 5:50
Hopefully some governments will make hunting/poaching laws.