248 are online

Year

Day

Time

18:17:14

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 239 11:37
Hey guys! I have some doubts about Custom CP NPC spawning...

In the past, being on a Personal Residence (don't remember if there were other facilities) was required to hire a Custom NPC. But the rules no longer tells where you can get those (it says "Non Available").

Does it means that you can spawn CP CUstom NPC wherever you want, even on a ship, travelling? Or it means that you cannpt spwan them at all, for the time being?

Any insight?

334kf0h.png

A trip to where!!?? Well... it could be fun... After all, i never traveled in the vicinity of a black hole. What could go wrong? Let's do it!
Year 11 Day 239 12:02
I believe you can spawn them anywhere.

Year 11 Day 239 17:51
^

They act basically exactly like custom items with regard to spawning and accepting.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 240 12:44
Thank you, Jevon, Ellias. Your insight is much appreciated.

Now, just to confirm things: Besides CP, all you need is a 100x100 image, less than 7Kb, black background on an intact SWC frame, right? The actual NPC image has some requirements too (besides being species specific, i suppose)?

334kf0h.png

A trip to where!!?? Well... it could be fun... After all, i never traveled in the vicinity of a black hole. What could go wrong? Let's do it!
Year 11 Day 240 18:44
Similar restrictions as to any other custom image. However, because there is a paucity of images for some NPC races, cartoon/anime type images are accepted for these races only. Human-like races for example will have to be photorealistic.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 241 3:04
Dan Hakim

Is it allowed to have a custom NPC of a race not yet in the combine?

To be a bit more specific, I recently found a Noghri sub-species, called Gengh-Noghri. There's not a lot of info on them, but they descended from Noghri slaves of the Rakata, and are 2m tall with a more crocodilian shaped head.

If I can get a suitable image, would this allowed?

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 11 Day 241 4:11
Kai Oryk

No.

When you go to CP a Custom NPC you are given a list of the current races in SWC to choose from, no others for obvious reasons.

KaiSigMando.PNGOrykaliik.png

Year 11 Day 241 14:39
Ryan Roche

However, because there is a paucity of images for some NPC races, cartoon/anime type images are accepted for these races only.  

Are they? I don't remember accepting any non photorealistic images of NPCs. You mean the NPC team?

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 11 Day 241 17:31
Ryan, I had a cartoon type image for a Noghri and asked Jevon - he said in the cases of races where there wasn't a large choice of photo-realistic images, it would be allowed.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 241 17:55
Dan Hakim

What's the 'official' position, would a sub-species count as a different race?

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 11 Day 246 4:50
Kai Oryk

Yes.

KaiSigMando.PNGOrykaliik.png