163 are online

Year

Day

Time

01:56:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Leveling, is it really this slow?
Year 11 Day 244 6:45
I started about a week ago, been playing every day, flying and transporting materials from starports to ground bases and I'm still not even halfway to level 2 yet. Does it really take this long to level or am I doing something wrong?

Year 11 Day 244 6:49
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

If you're playing normally, then yes, it takes that long to level.

Year 11 Day 244 8:52
How do you play abnormally?

Year 11 Day 244 8:56
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Well, you could focus your attention only on leveling, but what's the point of that? Experience levels are of little use in this game.

Year 11 Day 244 12:20
So skillpoints are worthless?

Year 11 Day 244 12:21
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

The amount of skillpoints you get per level and the time it takes to level essentially makes it rather worthless beyond minor alterations, yes.

Year 11 Day 244 12:53
I dont think skill points are worthless, yes it takes a while to lvl up but some skills are important for certain jobs. But its better if you put points into skills at the creation, its hard to improve them later.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 11 Day 244 14:08
Daehd Moroz

Not only skill points are given on Level Up, Health Points are given as well, I don't think additional HP will be useless, when combat comes.

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
Year 11 Day 244 19:20
Indeed. However you get way more skill points at the beginning than you would get for a long time levelling up. THis is one of the ways that the inbalance between older players and new ones is fixed. Older players could have higher/more skills but a new player will not be at a serious disadvantage if they set themselves up correctly.

As for HP, yes, but not that much. I think you have to reach maybe lvl 5 before you starting HP is doubled, but not sure on that. In SWC levelling is more of a way to fine tune your character rather than most other games where you continually get exponentially more powerful with each new level.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 244 20:54
Daehd, your HP is worthless if I blow up the ship you're flying on with superior space combat skills. :P

Basically, as Ellias said, it's more for specialization than really for maxing out all stats. Make your trooper more elite or your pilot more of an ace rather than a jack of all trades.

Year 11 Day 244 21:34
No it gets your HP up and more points to assign

Photobucket

Year 11 Day 245 0:20
1 point per level, so as the others have said, it's more to fine tune (extremely fine tuning) your character, and JOATMON's don't last long in this game