299 are online

Year

Day

Time

11:54:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » No exp win for travel since rules update !
Page 1 2
Hello

Since rules update for travel on cross terrain, I see I never win any expérience,
for travel
I saw now it's never appear in general events, but only in ship events
So last week I do an hyper travel of 7 days, and yesterday when I end it, I don't win any expérience
I want to know, does it's normal I never win any expérience with all my travel since rules update, or it's just a bug?

Thank you

Have fun

The ship probably isn't set to piloted mode. There's a bug on the check it's supposed to perform when you start travel. You can verify by going to your piloted ships inventory and looking to see if the ship has a little mouse icon in the top left corner. Go to position, exit the cockpit, and re-enter. That should fix it up.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
No my ship isn't piloted by npc controller
I exit my ship all day, and use my vehicle, don't change anything
I never win exp with travel since......

Ka`rla Leakey

Hi Barjak,

I am in the same boat as you and pretty much never get xp. The reason is pretty straight forward as the ship does not recognise you as pilot when you enter it from a docked vehicle.

If when you exit the vehicle you do not hit room and navigate to the cockpit but instead hit 'refresh' to reload the page you will then be registered as pilot of the ship. You will then get xp when you move the ship to your next prospecting spot.

You could just leave the cockpit, unassign and reassign yourself as pilot, then walk back to the cockpit and continue - should work then.

Ellias_sig6.png
I try to do it, and it don't work :(

Had a look, unassigned/assigned your ships. Unfortunately you're character is otherwise busy so I couldn't move you to your ship to check if it worked. When you get back in, look at your piloted ships page and see if the ship you are in has a mouse icon in the top left of the ships image. If not, try leaving the ship and going back in.

Ellias_sig6.png
Fixed

How can I win exp I lose since some weeks?

Thank you

Ralgarrch

Any experience not rewarded due to a bug is generally considered a permanent loss and not rewarded manually.

Ral.png
As Ral has said, its difficult to determine exactly how much XP you may or may not have gotten (same goes with CPs) and so we don't.

Ellias_sig6.png
OK So I lose all
Now I want know if bug will fix for me? Because it's boring for all travel undock unassign assign then enter :(
I try, if I don't do it for all travel, I don't win exp
Thank you

You shouldn't have to Unassign/Assign, just enter/exit the cockpit

It should work fine for you once you have reset it. Everyone that had this problem and then followed the unass/assign fix have not reported any more issuese with not getting XP. Its likely a hang over from a sync and you just needed to reset things.

Ellias_sig6.png
Ka`rla Leakey

Oh no even following that system it still recurs constantly the next time you enter the ship from a docked entity. Just pressing refresh when it says to refresh though is all you need do.

It work
Thank you

Ven Ann

I wish I could do as you guys do, but I can't unassign my ship, whether it's commander, or pilot or both at the same time! :(

To all problem there is a solution... for a price of course.
- Kiva Ven'Ann
silverLargeSymbol.gif Clan Ven
Don't have to unassign, just exit the cockpit, refresh the page, then re-enter, make sure the mouse-icon is over the image of your ship in inventory

Tiali, not sure that works for this problem. Works when you've been assigned a pilot when you were already in the cockpit. In this case, you need to be unassigned and then reassigned so the system can trip.

Ven, best to talk to whoever assigned you as pilot in the first place, though if you are commander you should be able to unassign yourself as pilot and reassign (you can actually unassing yourself as pilot at any time, just can't re assign after wards).

Ellias_sig6.png
Ok, never been assigned as a pilot while already in the cockpit so didn't know about that part of the bug

Ven Ann

I am! It's my own ship! lol

Also, what's this crap about "cannot undock, need to exit cockpit and blablahblah..." too? It's so annoying, why can't we have what we had before? No fooling around.

I don't know what they did in the update they did those two things, but it sucks royally.

Edited By: Ven Ann on Year 11 Day 270 20:32

To all problem there is a solution... for a price of course.
- Kiva Ven'Ann
silverLargeSymbol.gif Clan Ven
Page 1 2