Time

00:23:45

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Registering for bug report
Year 11 Day 267 19:47
Lexar Valaxand

Greetings. First of all, I apologize if this is not the right place to post this.

I've been experiencing a bug in which I cant use the sensors on any ship.
I was in a Longprobe for a few days with no sensors.
About an hour ago I moved to a YT-510, but still I'm not getting any sensors at all.

I believe it must be character specific, since my CO just now tried both fighters and the sensor WORKS for him.

The id of the YT-510 I'm currently piloting:
ID# 11469

I mean to report this at the bug base site. I've registered yesterday, but I havent thus far received the confirmation email the site told me I was going to get. Since I think this bug is quite a hindrance to my duties, I feel it necessary to ask about the matter here.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Italian policeman 2: You wish to report a murder.
Frank: Attempted murder.
Italian policeman 2: That's not so serious.
Frank: Not when you downgrade it from murder. But when you upgrade it from room service, it's quite serious.
Year 11 Day 267 20:19
What exactly do you mean it has no sensors? Can you elaborate?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 267 20:20
The bug base email should be sent automatically - its not admin approved, its automatic. I'd suggest checking your junk email folder.

As for hte sensor bug I'd say it could be because you did not have the ship in piloted mode (were you getting XP for travel?). If this was the case, then simply by your boss unassigning and reassigning you should fix it. Since its you, could it be something to do with your browser just not showing it?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 267 21:55
Lexar Valaxand

What exactly do you mean it has no sensors? Can you elaborate? 

Sorry about the short elaboration. What I meant is that when I'm piloting the ship, there is no white area showing the sensors range. No sensors. It is as if a Longprobe and YT-510 got 0 point for sensors.

As for hte sensor bug I'd say it could be because you did not have the ship in piloted mode (were you getting XP for travel?). If this was the case, then simply by your boss unassigning and reassigning you should fix it. Since its you, could it be something to do with your browser just not showing it? 

I dont know if this helps, but here's what it looks like on the inventory screen.
Does this screenshot explains what I'm doing wrong? It was taken just now.

Regarding the browser issue, I dont think that's it. I can still see other ship's sensors but not mine. I've also checked both my inbox and junk/spam. Nada.

I registered with the user name:
Lexar Valaxand

And the email I used was:
strider2025@yahoo.com

Year 11 Day 267 22:44
You're set as pilot, but the ship is not in piloted mode. It should have a little mouse icon in that triangle area in the top left corner. Can you exit the ship and come back? Make sure you load the Position page after boarding the ship before trying to go to the cockpit again.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 268 0:06
Lexar Valaxand

Well I'll be doggone! I got my sensors back. :p
Sorry about the hassle. I'll keep this in mind for next time.

Thank you Hal. Thank you as well, Ellias.

Still waiting for the confirmation email though. A bug base account might come in handy in the future.

Frank: Not when you downgrade it from murder. But when you upgrade it from room service, it's quite serious.
Year 11 Day 268 1:01
I'd ask Zhao about the bug base thing - it should come immediately. Not sure who is admin of the bug base but if Zhao isn't, he will know who is.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 268 1:35
Lexar Valaxand

Ah, okay. Hopefully I'll catch him on irc later. I just checked my inbox + spam folder again. Still nothing.

Thanks again, Ellias.

Cheers!