Time

01:37:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Unable to locate Operator
Year 11 Day 279 21:53
Ryan Roche

Hey all, I have a question regarding production. It seems yesterday a shipyard of mine finished production on a ship and afterwards sent me a message saying the Shipyard manager can't find the operator, me being the operator. And without the Operator, they cannot produce. So it's stuck on Paused with ETA 0 days.

Is this a bug? And if not, what is the best course of action?

Thanks!

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 11 Day 280 10:12
Eshini`el Sandhawk

'The person starting production and the operator must be in the faction that is the manager and have appropriate privileges.'

Were you member of the ship faction managing that shipyard with production privs at the moment when it was finishing production of that ship? In cases when answer is no, production is paused before completion, just like you described.

But GNS didn`t tell of any leader changes, so probably you were. :)

From what I know, the only way to unpause paused ship (so it can be finished) is to be at the shipyard and push start button manually. Unless it was paused by a bug.

Year 11 Day 280 11:32
Ryan Roche

I didn't start production of the ship but I am currently the Operator of the Shipyard. And being the leader of our company I believe I have the proper privs. ;)

I guess I will have to manually continue construction when I arrive there, but I would like to hear also someone else's opinion about this matter.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 11 Day 280 12:00
from experience i can tell you. You need the ship production faction manager at the time the ships complete. period. If thats not the case.. you get what you got (if the faction dissolves.. u need another... on there to complete) Simple solution is to just go get another ship faction manager and start it.. will finish in afew minutes

xvflKAn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Year 11 Day 280 17:26
Siejo, RYan is the leader of the faction currently managing the shipyard...

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 280 19:53
The operator, either in the faction or not, has gone inactive. I have had this same issue several times and it has always been that the sentient has gone inactive. You will have to send someone to the SY to restart production. With it being stuck at the end it will take just a few minutes to finish production.

Year 11 Day 280 20:48
And again, Ryan made himself the operator before the production was paused, and he has not been inactive.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 281 5:41
Ryan Roche

Actually Ellias, Hodniwa's statement is probably the closest solution I got - the original person who started the construction has gone inactive but still inside the faction. Maybe that is it.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop