Day

Time

10:28:02

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 293 22:44
Avella James

I am new and pose a question.

I have been told by 100% of players that hyper travel gives more xp then sublight.

Currently it comes out to (after equalizing numbers):

Hyper gives 4xp per hour
Sublight gives 10 xp per hour

These numbers sound normal? I am flying a 7 hyper 100sub ship. Are the people who are geting higher xp for hyper due to different types of ships? I would love to put this issue to rest because everyone I talk to says I am wrong :(

Year 11 Day 293 22:46
It's not about time, it's about distance. What do you get per square?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 293 23:03
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

You also have to take into account that, when hyperspace traveling, you're essentially using 24 hours per day for experience, whereas during sublight you'll certainly miss periods (you know, sleep, job, school, social obligations, etcetera)

Year 11 Day 294 7:49
Avella James

@ Hal Breden

1sq sublight 1xp (5min)
1sq hyper 1xp (15min)

Sorry not sure is that what info you wanted? I just flew one sq away from each location. Looking at both distance or time it seems smaller.

@ Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl (hard name to type!! :P)

Yea that makes sense, but just in the raw sense though. Everyone was so possitive hyper was the fastest best way to get xp. I understand the time restraints.

I have been in combine 10 or so days now or so and trying to work on xp when I can. Side question: does anyone know if brawlers are fixed since sync? I have newer used one but trying to see what is the best way to gain xp while flying. I cant make doors, and using a crafting kit but it fails a lot.

Year 11 Day 294 8:00
Get a ship with a faster hyperdrive and you'll get XP quicker that way.

Year 11 Day 294 8:45
Faster than a Hyper 7 Hal? Didn't think you could get one of those anymore

Can't really compare Hypering and Sublighting; 1sq for a Hyper jump is usally much bigger than for Sublight

Year 11 Day 294 20:29
Yes, Tiali, you can fly an A-wing. Since you asked me, and not Togan who said it!

I think it's also a factor that the ship has 100 sub, which is pretty damn good for sublight.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 294 20:31
Max Hyper is 15, max Sublight is 150. So in your case, you Sublight is nearer the maximum than your Hyper, meaning that likely the time will be less.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 294 20:38
Thank you Hal, didn't know about the A-Wing (those things are a sod to shoot down, like gnats they are tough to hit), don't know why ah asked you instead of Togan

Year 11 Day 295 3:23
Because I'm just that cool?

Year 11 Day 296 9:38
Umbeck Traxer

So far as I know there is one ship with hyper 14 and one with hyper 15. You aren't getting near either.
You can likely only go 7 since you aren't going to get yourself an A-wing with hyper 8 any time soon.

Sublight though, just get yourself an ETA and you're cruising at 125 easy.

Year 11 Day 296 17:54
Avella James

Thanks for all the replies!! Traveling makes a lot more sense to me now :)

Year 11 Day 297 17:27
I'll try to sum it up for ya. Within realistic and reasonable bounds, you will either fly a hyper 7 ship (YT-510) or a sublight 100/125 ship (again YT-510, or ETA) - assuming you look for traveling exp.

Thus, given you use the above-mentioned ships, you will gain more exp/hour via sublighting, and possibly exp/d, but this requires activity for the whole 24h during 1,5h-2h intervals. Whereas, plotting a hyper jump every now and then, you constantly acquire exp for traveling in the course of your plotted jump (which can be f.e. every 24h). That's why, probably, most people treat hyperspace travel as the best method for longterm experience grinding in SWC. Because believe me, almost nobody has access to ships in the range of 10-15 hyper (these are modded entities, extremely rare, and you can't acquire new mods currently). Hence, comparing such ships with easily available 100-125 sublight ships (which is, apart from mods I don't know of, the highest speed range available), has only theoretical usage.

Recapitulating, if you can spend enough time attending to your sublight travels, it's going to be a better way of xp grinding (with the best way hypothetically being via city traveling with a spaceship 1sqm by 1sqm, plotting a new course every 1-2 minutes).

Edited By: Marvath Xan`thar on Year 11 Day 297 17:32

Related to moral relativism, it states that ethics become subjective only as you approach the speed of light. That is, it is okay to be self-serving, steal, and murder as long as you're going really, really FAST.