Day

Time

19:05:26

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 303 16:19
Kyp Arkanus

I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade a ships stats, such as sensors, weapons, and hyperdrive? Or any others? And are any names for ships outlawed, other than any that are obsene?

Year 11 Day 303 16:32
No. To all.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 303 16:57
And are any names for ships outlawed, other than any that are obsene?

If I am getting what you mean, then yes. I belive a few factions would be a bit grumpy if you use one of their ship names (something like CEC Hunter). They might decide to put a bounty on you if they are in a bad mood.

Next is some player owned fleets will be under a name such as NWHS Soul. If you were to use NWHS they might be like a faction and try to do something about it.

Warg Gu GU.

Life is more then life, it is death.

mystats.php?uid=c5779\"
Year 11 Day 303 17:01
Faction opinion of what you name your ship is not relevant to whether the name is legal according to the game administration.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 303 20:05
Kyp Arkanus

Thanks to all who took time to give an answer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Year 11 Day 304 11:00
He asked if they were outlawed. That could mean outlawed by SWC or factions/players. You never know.

Warg Gu GU.

mystats.php?uid=c5779\"
Year 11 Day 304 13:31
Yet the example of obscene names that he gave is an OOC restriction imposed by the administration, not necessarily by any given faction. Furthermore this is an OOC forum for game support, not IC faction policy questions. Not to mention that the first part of his post was definitely an OOC technical question.

That doesn't point to the question being "will factions get upset if I use the same abbreviations as them?" Which is, really, a no-brainer.

Year 11 Day 304 17:05
Kyp Arkanus

Ha, while Hal's correct in what i originally intended, I never even thought about a faction or group getting upset if I accidentally used an abbreviation or name that they also use, it is very useful info. Thanks.

Year 11 Day 304 21:15
Although this is in OCC forum members still ask questions regarding their IC life.

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=43994&page=0

This is an example of a OOC question that will affect their IC life.

Warg Gu GU.

mystats.php?uid=c5779\"
Year 11 Day 304 21:22

Yes, and whether or not naming his ship after a certain male body part will get him banned/assets removed/otherwise punished affects his IC life. But that doesn't make it a question about IC policies.

It's all about context, and your response had nothing to do with the context it was asked in.

Anyway, he already said that I interpreted his query correct, but that - somehow - he also found your answer useful. So let's drop it?

Year 11 Day 305 5:33
Kyp Arkanus

Nate's answer was informational, as I am only about 5 months into the combine, I really don't want my character arrested or executed because I named a ship something that another faction or group has already used. I've worked fairly hard to get my character to a level 3 going on 4, and I would hate to see that thrown away due to a ship's name.

Year 11 Day 305 7:35
I never heard anybody would get killed over a ship name, I wouldn't worry about it that much, there is thousands of ships, its impossible for them to be all unique.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 11 Day 309 14:23
Kyp Arkanus

Since everyone has been such good help here is another question for ya...what happens to faction assets (cash, ships, vehicles, weapons, items, ect.) when a faction is dissolved?

Year 11 Day 309 15:02
Eshini`el Sandhawk

It`s in the rules Kyp
http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Factions#Effects_of_the_Dissolution

Year 11 Day 309 18:08
Kyp Arkanus

Thanks, I looked in the Guide, nothing in there except about how to make a faction. Shouldn't the rules be in the guide? (Probably a question for a different forum.)

Year 11 Day 309 18:13
Kyp Arkanus

The rules, are what you follow, the consequences is what happens if you don't follow the rules...

Year 11 Day 310 10:29
Kyp Arkanus

I was looking through the forums, and I seen one that said that there are a lot of force -sensitives in the game, so out of the 3949 members at the time of this post, approx. how many are forcies? what percentage?

Year 11 Day 310 11:16
I remember someone saying like 300-400 of FS players in SWC in some old thread, but no idea how accurate is that. Only admins know for sure really, as some FS players hide they are FS.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 11 Day 310 14:20
If we take a very generic average and say that every current member has a 5% chance of being FS, then out of 4000 members there would be 5%, or 200 FSers in the current galaxy. Very rough, but is a decent approximation based on statistics.

Edited By: Jevon Lambright on Year 11 Day 310 14:21
Year 11 Day 310 19:03
It's a little skewed considering the chance to be FS increases with level, and that being FS is frequently an additional incentive to continuing to play a character. The total number of characters in the DB, not just the active playerbase, is also closer to 30,000 (at last count I recall seeing - could be higher now) but then not all of those that are FS in the DB will actually have been tested and activated as such, so it's hard to say how much the active FS population may be different from the projected percentage of active players.

Page 1 2