193 are online

Year

Day

Time

21:34:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 329 6:27
ive been at it for a while and i am secure with knowledge of basic operations of the combine. however i am having a hell of a time with building these damn fountains. ive built hundreds of these things, but now it seems i am stumped. i dont think its a bug, but i cant see where im being the idiot. here is the info:

ON FACTION OWNED CITY: YES
BUILDER: YES(1 builder with me, outside of the ship at the buid site)
PROPER INFO FIELDS: YES(name of fountain, owned by...., etc.)
ROADS ON TWO SIDES: YES
SUFFICIENT RM ON MY SHIP: YES DAMMIT!!!(Sorry but this is where the confusion starts. ive got enuff for 40 fountains))
RMs OWNED BY FACTION: YES

then i click "NEXT STEP" and this is what it shows:

Materials required to construct Fountain
Material Required Selected Need
Quantum

insufficient materials 5 0 5
Meleenium

insufficient materials 29 0 29
Duracrete

insufficient materials 11 0 11
Lommite

insufficient materials 7 0 7

it says i havent selected the materials? im sure this is something pretty stupid that im
doing wrong, but ive never "selected" material for a build. ive always just had it with me. an i dont even see anywhere i could select an RM or an amount. any suggestions would be very helpful. (cant build a freakin fountain....MAN this is embarassing). and please, please, please dont come at me with the RTFM thing. i have read the manual and i still dont see where my error is. thnx again.

It is common that in the final moments are when beings show you who they really are.
Year 11 Day 329 6:33
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

You need assign (merge) raw material faction privilege as well for construction nowadays.

Year 11 Day 329 6:33
Ka`rla Leakey

A little while a go a change was made to construction so that in order to build you had to have construction privs and crucially you also needed faction RM assign privs as well. Perhaps you haven't had them updated recently.

Year 11 Day 329 8:51
If the RM's are owned by the faction, try assigning them to you, not sure if that helps but that is what ah had to do (was building on behalf of mah faction for another faction, was running into the same problems and the leader ended up assigning the RMs to me and everything was good to go)

Year 11 Day 329 10:47
Greetings

problem solved.......Teyapacan, Ka'rla and Tiali, thank u for ur time and ur grace. as u know the slab decay clock is running and u ladies have saved us valuabe time.
u are obviously far more experienced than i, but if ever were to need my assistance, feel free to ask.

Damij, out.

It is common that in the final moments are when beings show you who they really are.
Year 11 Day 329 19:19
Mind letting us know what the actual problem was and which solution worked?

Year 11 Day 336 4:39
it was the assign faction rm privs 2. i had the construction privs and never had a problem but apparently if i needed rm privs before, i didnt know i had them. they were given to me once i contacted my faction leader. thnx again.

Year 11 Day 336 6:21
It was new with the last major sync

Photobucket

Year 11 Day 336 10:48
Mingolo Mingolonio

Hey! We can't both be Spawn! LOL, haha, maybe we're related or something.

17376_s.png

Year 11 Day 336 14:17
Problem solved (apparently).