Year

Day

Time

18:01:59

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 361 6:44
Ezrakh Rhuk

Been away on deployment for a few months.

What happened to the feature of hypering to adacent "system" square when in a gravity well?

Also when did the hypering into a corner of a system instead of just the sides?

Thanks

Year 11 Day 361 15:09
Hypering into the corner just depends on what angle you are entering from

Year 11 Day 361 16:09
What happened to the feature of hypering to adacent "system" square when in a gravity well? 

The oft-suggested and never implemented feature?

Also when did the hypering into a corner of a system instead of just the sides? 

Always?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 361 16:40
Micro-Jumping isn't a implemented tool, it's just something you can do. You just gotta know how to do it.

Makes me miss Metuki :( He taught me.

Artemis de Chatillon

Artemis de Chatillon

Year 11 Day 361 20:43
nevermind

Edited By: Dulgan Swift on Year 11 Day 361 20:49

SwiftArms.jpg
Year 11 Day 362 15:01
Ezrakh Rhuk

So in the five years I've been playing I've only just hypered in to a corner? I've come in diagonal before (not some weird sexual reference) and not ended up in corner.

Also at some point in the last 12 months I hypered from a gravity well by selecting something called disengage safety on hyper system. When was that implemented and then removed? It was a cool feature.

Year 11 Day 362 16:04
Talor Dakari

The oft-suggested and never implemented feature?

- Hal

It was quite implemented (in response to GE interdictoring a whole system), just probably removed with the new travel system.

Edited By: Talor Dakari on Year 11 Day 362 16:04
Year 11 Day 362 16:38
Ah believe the corner-entering may have been implimented with the new travel system (whatever that is, ah'm pretty much constantly travelling and apart from entering from an angle haven't really noticed any discernable changes/improvements)

Year 11 Day 362 17:50
Talor, I thought he was referring to the "sublight" cross-system travel, since he specifically mentioned "adjacent". The ability to ignore gravity wells (at the risk of damaging your ship) was not the feature that was frequently suggested, and I was under the impression you could go anywhere.

If the option is missing, you might want to check the Bug Base and see if it was reported.

The ability to arrive in a corner has been part of travel for as long as I recall traveling, and I have done it many, many times over the years.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.