Day

Time

19:19:54

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Stealing Equipable Items?
Year 11 Day 364 13:38
I noticed a few things in Combine. One of them is that almost every time I buy an item that is equipable, it is taken by someone else. So I was wondering if people are actually able to pick up items such as a blaster or a vest even if they don't own it?

Thanks.

Year 11 Day 364 13:57
Yup, if you find it you can pick it up and technically "steal" it, though you can't steal ownership.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 11 Day 364 14:03
Dang... oh well. I think I had better stop wasting large portions of money on items like that.

Year 11 Day 364 15:26
Kael K Kabal

Hmm, so if you steal a ship, all you really do is stop the owner from ever seeing it again, because you cant fly it anymore?

Year 11 Day 364 16:08
only way to really steal a ship now days is to dock it, but you only prevent the owner from using it and you can't use it yourself.

MeandMine.png

Year 11 Day 365 2:07
Items, Kael, not assets.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 30 20:29
Lorenzas Atticus

I came across some items (no I did not steal them) that have owners who have been banned, are inactive, and in one case apparently never logged on. I know this because I did profile searches on the names attached to these items. Is there any way to makeover these items to myself?

Year 12 Day 30 20:34
No, not currently. But lack of ownership does not prevent you using them.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 30 20:37
Lorenzas Atticus

Thanks. I understand I can use the items but trying to sell them would be difficult and downloading custom images impossible. I imagine when combat is introduces and characters/NPC's start dying there are going to be all kinds of items and ships left behind after their owners die. I would think that there would have to be a way to claim those abandoned assets. Any opinions?

Year 12 Day 30 20:50
Assets from the dead go to the NPC market. Check the Life and Death rules.

Come combat, I would also expect some way to gain ownership of an asset through some forcible means, but until rules are released nothing is certain.

Year 12 Day 31 5:15
You don't need to own an entity to submit custom image for it, you just need to be at least commander. Though you can't assign yourself. And you can sell them, just state in the description you don't have ownership, some people buy stuff like that.

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 31 14:01
Possession in 9/10 the law.

"I like Justin Beiber Mash-Up's the best" is what I keep telling myself.

Edited By: Jesfa on Year 12 Day 75 2:19