166 are online

Year

Day

Time

02:19:23

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 365 11:28
Ok I think that I am taking up a bit too much of the question board with my questions. So here is a list of all questions I have so that I can finally stop taking up space.
1) What are Hyperspace Drop accidents?
2) Are Unique Ships one of a Kind? Like in the event of the destruction of such a ship would it ever come back to combine or would it be peminately gone?
3) Can you fly out of a moving ship?
4) Forgot this Question...
5) Does a black hole kill you if you fly near it?
6) Forgot this question too...
7) Can you detect Black Holes?
8) The Galactic New Agency was recently disbanded. Will this prevent forum posts?

Edit: Nevermind

Edited By: Greg Robbins on Year 12 Day 17 16:56
Year 11 Day 365 12:10
Ryan Roche

1) Hyperspace Drop 'accidents' can only occur when you click on the "Abort" button while in a Hyperspace trip. It depends largely on your route and your piloting skills. If you took a flight from one point to the other when in between there is a large space of void, it is safe to assume when you are somewhere in the middle that you won't end up in any sun. But if for example, you decide to take a route while in a middle of a sector, it can be a little risky.

2) A 'unique' ship doesn't mean there is only one of it in existence. Entities in general can only be created by production (once a long time ago admins also created ships as gifts for players), so if it's destroyed, it's destroyed, it won't magically spawn back anytime.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 11 Day 365 12:51
you also drop out of hyper if you board ship/vehicle docked inside the ship that you are piloting in hyperspace. Unless you have piloting droid in the cockpit.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 11 Day 365 13:16
3 New questions have been posted. First two were answered.

Year 11 Day 365 14:19
3) No, you can't undock from a moving entity for now.
4) 5
6) no idea, never saw a black hole and if I will I wont go near it.

MeandMine.png

Year 11 Day 365 17:20
Black holes are like suns, except they don't show up on the map.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 365 17:39
1) To expand upon what Ryan said, while you are in hyper, you still have co-ords as though you were not in hyper. These co-ords will be of the route you take between leaving and arriving. If you abort, you will enter the 'system' at the co-ords you were at. Usually this is deepspace and not a problem. If however the system actually has things in it like asteroids, suns etc, it uses the equation in the rules to determine if you are killed or not.

6) As Hal said, they are like suns. You enter orbit, you die. Except you cannot see them, though they are only in one system. I seem to remember it being mentioned before that you don't even have to be in orbit, but in the ring of squares around the edge, but I cannot say that is so with 100% reliability.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 365 21:42
I'm pretty sure black holes suck you in whenever you're in their gravity grid.

Year 12 Day 1 0:14
does anyone knows what system is that?

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 1 2:23
The Maw.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 1 5:04
Ryan Roche

And also in (0, 0) ? :P

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 12 Day 1 5:37
Posted new questions.

Year 12 Day 1 6:23
6) Yes.

7) Flying into them. Of course, that's probably not the best way if you like your character. I do wonder if you could spot them based on gravity well coverage?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 1 6:48
7) Grav wells. Since the only blackholes exist in the Maw (yes Ryan, nowhere else) people have maps of routes to take to avoid the blackholes. Dangerous business really,m and better to just avoid it.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 2 10:35
I'm pretty sure there's only one safe entrance point into the Maw, so you have to microjump into it as well. I'd still not recommend it, even with a map. >_>

Year 12 Day 7 21:08
New question has been posted.

Year 12 Day 7 21:08
8) ???

Um, no?

It was an Information faction with a big name, nothing more.

Year 12 Day 8 11:48
Zero Turner

FYI:
When you have more questions and edit. Keep the old questions in case someone wants to know the same. So it's a win/win for those who want to figure out answers and for yourself to figure out your questions.

Year 12 Day 8 14:24
Argh. I will put the questions back (I hope I can remember them all)