213 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:26:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Air combat = gravity well combat???
I'm a little confused on the skills for space combat:

Starfighter-Freighter Space Combat: "Ability to manoeuvre fighters and freighters in space combat.
OK, so far so good. Space = space

Starfighter-Freighter Air Combat: "Ability to manoeuvre fighters and freighters in combat within a planet's atmosphere and gravity well."
Uh, so now it seems that air = air+SOME space, as gravity wells extend out into space.

Space Command: "Ability of the character to quickly strategize and give commands during space combat."
Good, space = space.

Air Command Ships: "Ability of the character to quickly strategize and give commands during atmospheric combat. "
Well, this one now makes more sense, as air = atmosphere. But it is now inconsistent with the air combat skill (atmosphere+gravity wells)

So, do the 'space' skills not extend into gravity wells, even though the gravity wells are in space? Do the air skills work in atmosphere+gravity wells (combat skill), or only atmosphere (command skill)?

I would suspect it means just atmo and ground layers, though possibly orbit as well. However, its likely that nearer the time they will be clarifed better once the rules for combat are decided upon.

Ellias_sig6.png
Once we actually see the rules for space/atmo/near-ground atmo combat, I imagine it'll make much more sense.