Year

Day

Time

10:29:54

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3 4
Year 12 Day 24 20:29
1. Click on NPCs under the personal inventory menu on the right hand side under your character.
2. Click on the 'Manage Fitout' button on the top left of the screen under the count of how many members are online.
3. click "create an inventory tag"
4. At the bottom of the page click "create"
5. Name your tag NPCs and put a check in the box under the NPC image and click create.
6. Now click "personal NPC fitouts" at the top of the page.
7. It will take you to a page with a box on the left of an equipment layout. Click the title of the box.
8. You will be at the page with your equipment box on the left and listings of items on the right. Click the items and drag and drop them onto the equipment box as you wish to equip your npc. By adding different items to the same slots it creates a order of preference for your NPC to pickup for that slot.
9. Now click the 'npc' under your personal inventory again to be directed back to the npc page. Place a tag on the npcs you want to use the fitout you just created. Make sure the tag you place on the individual npcs has the same title as the fitout title you just made. Or you can put a tag on the npcs you want to make a fitout for FIRST, then when you go to click the 'manage fitouts', there will be a blank one already created to edit with the title of the tag you just placed on your npcs.
10. When complete, go to your "party" page. Place a check in the box of your npc(s) and under actions scroll down to the desired action of your npc under one of the three fitout options; drop all, drop and pickup or pickup only. Then if the items you assigned to the npc slots are around they will preform the desired action.

If you come across something wrong, please post and i'll fix it.

Also, if you find this useful, please post saying so. It will keep the topic at the top of the list and easy to find for others until it is not needed anymore.

Edited By: Vasar Xanthe on Year 12 Day 33 20:53

Photobucket
Year 12 Day 25 14:37
This was very helpful, thank you

Year 12 Day 27 18:48
Is there a way to remove items from the Desired Fitout?

NewStrat3Av_zpsxxsmn5se.png
Year 12 Day 27 19:29
I think it may be done by clicking the name of the item in the list below that tells you which items are equipped where. Takes a while for it to load and remove it though.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 30 20:49
Lorenzas Atticus

Extremely helpful post Vasar. I spent an hour trying to figure this out today. I wish I had checked here first. Thanks.

Year 12 Day 32 21:43
Mark Smith

i cant seem to equip them still

Year 12 Day 33 8:52
Ricgard Svansen

You have to then tag the NPCs in the regular inventory tagging system with the name of the equipment tag. For example, I made a fitout with the title "Riflemen", and then tagged every rifleman-type NPC with the tag "Riflemen". This assigned the fitout to the NPC.

Year 12 Day 38 16:55
can you use Custom Items if so how.

Photobucket
Year 12 Day 39 15:05
I dont believe so. There is no listing to equip it to the npc on the fitout page.

Photobucket
Year 12 Day 39 15:28
You can't equip them with custom items last time I asked admins.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 41 9:54
I think it may be done by clicking the name of the item in the list below that tells you which items are equipped where. Takes a while for it to load and remove it though.

- Ellias Aubec

That did the trick...I was worried my experiment with arming builder NPCs with DL-44s was permanent. :)

marcus_justinian_sig.png
Year 12 Day 96 13:19
Thank you for your Post Vasar I appreciate your help:D

Year 12 Day 97 5:00
Deakon Jarvis

can custom NPC's be equipped and able to use them in combat etc?
I heard they just going to be silly talking npc's, not a side kick etc

Year 12 Day 132 8:13
Just tried this, and ran into a problem

When ah go to [Manage Fitout], all valid tags are stacked almost on top of each other, can see the paperdoll's, but the legs of the one above is covering the name of the one below and because of that can only select the first one (have to go to [Personal Tags] and de-select the NPC check-box or deleting the Tag altogether to enable the others to be selected)

Managed to equip mah pilots with their personal slugthrowers (had to be sneaky and made Tags starting with 'A' for one of them), still can't remove something once added to a Fitout though, even tried putting something else over the top of it but that didn't even change the weapon (the only thing that worked was deleting the [Personal Tag])

Dropping the items is no problem, so can retrieve the items from them later (the NPC doesn't even have to be in the party with me, just has to be in the same room)

Year 12 Day 132 12:37
Really I just drag it off wait a second and it's fine

Photobucket

Year 12 Day 132 23:50
When ah attempt to drag it off ah get one of those black 'crossed circles'

Year 12 Day 281 22:48
Anakin le Fay

(5. Name your tag NPCs and put a check in the box under the NPC image and click create.
9. Now click the 'npc' under your personal inventory again to be directed back to the npc page. Place a tag on the npcs you want to use the fitout you just created. Make sure the tag you place on the individual npcs has the same title as the fitout title you just made. Or you can put a tag on the npcs you want to make a fitout for FIRST, then when you go to click the 'manage fitouts', there will be a blank one already created to edit with the title of the tag you just placed on your npcs.)

These two parts are too confusing. You might want to edit them so dummies like myself don't have to spend ten minutes trying to figure out what you said.

5. Name your tag as the NPC who will use the tag. If your NPC is named Bob Hope, then name the tag 'Bob Hope'.
9. Now click the 'NPC' under your personal inventory again to be directed back to the NPC page. Click on the box for the NPC you just made a tag for. A check should appear in the box. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Click 'Select Action'. Choose 'Assign Tag' from the drop-down menu. Copy/Paste the NPC's name in the box. Click 'Process'.

lotfmandobanner04.jpg
Year 12 Day 294 4:16
Thank you.

.OK, it's working now....

You may need to do two things:

1) click and drag --two times-- the icon for the item that you want to 'assign' onto the large 'slot' area

2) there may be a delay of up to maybe 20 seconds or so for the 'system' to recognize the new item assigned, and for it to display on the slot area

So, with those addenda, it seems to be working..ha-ha =)

Edited By: Choo Sea on Year 12 Day 300 13:38
Year 12 Day 308 17:14
Greg Yoff

Does this work for custom made NPCs bought with CPs?

Greg Yoff
giphy.gif
Year 12 Day 309 16:12
Page 1 2 3 4