Year

Day

Time

05:05:33

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 12 Day 26 13:00
Empty cities that have been unoccupied by facilities for 3 months will suffer decay, and will be removed.  

~Rules page

As far as coding is concerned, do facilities under construction in a city make the city count as "occupied?"

Example: There are no other buildings on my city slab. 1 day before it decays I start construction on a power generator. Will the city decay because the facility is not finished?

Year 12 Day 26 17:35
any facility, even one started then paused, will halt the decay counter as I've been told

Year 12 Day 26 17:53
^

As soon as there is a facility beginning construction, the slab is no longer 100% empty, and so will not decay. Of course, if you then abort it and don't build anything else, the timer will be on again after that facility goes.

Edited By: Ellias Aubec on Year 12 Day 26 17:54

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 28 11:05
When Will slabs dissapear?

Year 12 Day 28 17:24
Kip Kraytos

Not when the were supposed to , AGAIN :(

kipssig.png
Year 12 Day 28 17:50
After 90 days if they are new. If they have been there before decay was introduced should be any day now.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 28 18:00
Kip Kraytos

May as well track down the phone numbers of people whos slabs will decay and ring them to warn them.

What was the point of warning people the slabs will decay in less than 7 days if it was going to be more like 9-10?

Excuse any rudeness but i actually had to book holidays for this event.

kipssig.png
Year 12 Day 28 18:21
Posted by Zhao Yun on Year 12 Day 22 23:32

- Sim News with 7 day warning

Year 12 Day 28 18:00

- Kip Kratos' post timestamp

Where are you getting 9-10 days from? It hasn't even been 7 days yet! Check your math, and your attitude.

i actually had to book holidays for this event 

No, you didn't have to do anything. If you chose to do so, then that's entirely up to you. And you should have checked your dates better.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 28 18:39
Kip Kraytos

Isn't this the message people have been getting...

"Year 12 Day 21, 17:00 ATTENTION: Your city [.... name/location details here....] will be seized due to lack of investors and population interest in less than 7 days. "

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I'd been refreshing the page for an hour before i posted so i was frustrated.

I know i didn't HAVE to do it but this game pretty much revolves around RM's and creds.
New players don't really have a chance for a good start anymore without joining a faction and working for the man.

kipssig.png
Year 12 Day 28 18:56
I wouldn't know what the date/time stamp on the event was, since I took care of any empty slabs I had when it was announced as an impending feature, and checked them again when it was actually implemented, instead of waiting 83 days. I'm just going by the Sim News that said the warnings went out "today".

Even using the date of the 21st, it's still not 9-10 days.

New players don't really have a chance for a good start anymore without joining a faction and working for the man. 

I really just want to slap people whenever I see this kind of comment. SWC is a faction-based game. It's intended that you join a faction. It's also something that has never changed! How do you think "the man" got to be "the man"? They joined a goddamn faction and worked their arses off!! Your chances and starting options are the exact same as their chances and starting options were! Prices are 100 times higher, but salaries are 100 times more! Actually, if you take when I started as a reference point, there were no salaries! Try earning enough credits to buy your own ship in that scenario!!

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 28 19:00
I believe Kyp's 9-10 days comment had to do with Ellias' post "After 90 days if they are new. If they have been there before decay was introduced should be any day now."

That makes it sound like they may not decay today, but within a few days.

SwiftArms.jpg
Year 12 Day 28 19:33
Cities like everything else has a DOB..or a Founded On: Year XXX DXX, which can be checked in the invent box.
I will comment on Hal's comment on the new player comment..

Ok, when did new players [b]EVER[/B] have a good start in the first place? When I joined I only got 1K credits to start, now you get what..10-40K in that ball park..maybe more. This game is community based IE FACTIONS!

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 12 Day 28 20:44
Kip Kraytos

Thanks Dulgan it was to do with that post though maybe i should have said 7-8

Wages against ship/item costs is fair and it's not that that bothers me
Its the fact that all the planets are taken and can be held onto with just a couple of cities

It bothered me when Zhao posted that decay would be delayed even though people had plenty of notice about it
I think it's catering too much to factions who don't have the manpower to hold what they've got

I actually got the post about the decay event passed on from Kuro
My NFG actually thought it was the 29th before that

kipssig.png
Year 12 Day 29 1:57
I don't get what you are complaining about. Even if they went as planned its highly unlikely you would be able to lay some slabs anyway. I would suspect that all those slabs that will disappear are on planets that controlled so you wouldn't be able to lay any down anyway. Won't help the new player at all. Or anyone really except those that have a planet that they control with empty slabs not owned by them.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 29 7:36
Had decay actually happened when we thought it would, I know I would have been able to take at least 2 slabs and probably 2 more. Now, my spot appears to be swarming with other people.

SwiftArms.jpg
Year 12 Day 30 5:40
So, when is it acutually going to happen? I seriously hope no one else is in my spot, can't see them if their there with my sensers.

Please click or they'll die.

Adopt one today!
Year 12 Day 30 11:04
It'll happen when it happens. just like everything else in this game. No deadlines are ever met. No Deadlines are ever achieved. Timers are perpetually broken.

If you're waiting like vultures to maybe pick up an asteroid or something, good luck. You're gonna need it.

If you're waiting on a planet which has cities already there from some faction, you're already SOL.

If you're getting paid 14k a month in salary, you're being wronged. Most factions are paying 1mil or higher.

If you're whining and complaining and bitching at the admins, you'll have better luck doing that at a wall.

If you're planning your RL holiday trips and travel plans around the combine, you may have a problem. Re-evaluate the importance of your RL compared to an online game.

If you have to join a faction, I understand, but being a freelancer is 100x better. Long live freelancing.

Edited By: Drexel Skorzeka on Year 12 Day 30 11:06

"I like Justin Beiber Mash-Up's the best" is what I keep telling myself.

Edited By: Jesfa on Year 12 Day 75 2:19
Year 12 Day 30 11:12
Kain Eckert

I agree with Kip.
I believed that decay would happen on the 29th or 30th.

Still hasn't happened & i'm surprised.
I think the wait has something to do with letting factions build so that their slabs won't decay. The game does cater to factions.

SWC may be a faction based game. But there is the option to be freelance.
There are hardly any slabs available anymore, so when freelancers hear that they have a chance to possibly get a slab they concentrate on that & put other things on hold.
Wish i would have gotten a few other things done before sitting myself on this slab. Which has now been built on after the "7 days" that i thought it was going to be....

Year 12 Day 30 11:43
You obviously didn't read my post.

Let me summarize the points I made that are relevant to your post -

Timers/deadlines/etc are never achieved. If the slabs you were eyeing are now built up and not dissolved away like you expected, it's most likely a technical glitch which the owner of the slab used to their advantage.

Y'all are going to be, for the most part, sh*t out of luck for trying to vulture-up some slabs.

If you're surprised about things, stop.

Freelancing rocks.

"I like Justin Beiber Mash-Up's the best" is what I keep telling myself.

Edited By: Jesfa on Year 12 Day 75 2:19
Year 12 Day 30 11:56
Kain Eckert

Your right i didn't read your post, i usually skip over yours.

Vulture up? Give me a break, your making it sound like a bad thing.
Are we suppose to just sit back & let the previous owner come & reslab.
Because it used to be his??
Slabs are probably the most valuable thing in the galazy & they are few & far between.
Who the hell wouldn't try to get them???

Yes freelancing does rock.

Page 1 2