289 are online

Year

Day

Time

12:10:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 38 18:51
I've had an account with the combine for years, and my fiance wants to join. I told her that we'd have to set up a multi-account because we can each only have one character. I walked her through making a new account, including filling in the field where she had to put my character name. Then I sent in a support ticket to say we'd be sharing the connection. She just got an e-mail saying she was rejected because her entry looked suspicious. Here's the e-mail:

Dear Lian Mei,

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason : Your joining application was rejected due to a number of factors making your application suspicious. Various elements pointed towards this account being wittingly or unwittingly used to violate our muti-account rules. It is possible that you share the IP address of an existing player, this is usually caused by already having an account or sharing a connection with an existing player, please contact multi-accounts@swcombine.com. Please contact us for further information regarding the rejection of your application or refer to the Character Creation rules page located at /rules/?Character_Creation for more information.

Please make the necessary changes and try again. If you have any questions or queries feel free to post on the Problem Centre (http://www.swcombine.com/forum/index.php?board=2) or visit the help room on IRC (#swc-help).
--
The SW Combine Administration
Star Wars Combine
www.swcombine.com 

I asked about it in the IRC help room and they said to resubmit the application. We just did that. I'm hoping someone will actually read my ticket now. Or maybe she has to actually send it herself. Either way I'd like some help here.

Year 12 Day 38 19:14
There's a second handle matching your IP (as in there's her application, your account, plus another). Have you had a registered multi previously?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 38 19:19
You're probably reffering to my brother (Walni Rom-ca). He visits sometimes but we don't regularly share the connection. If we need to both be on the multi anyway I'll understand. Years ago we were. I'm guessing the database has been reset or something since then.

Year 12 Day 38 19:22
If you look under Account Information, it should tell you who you're registered as a multi with currently.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 38 19:26
You are not a registered multi-account.

If you feel this is incorrect, please contact the Multi-Accounts Department.
The multi-accounts rules are available on the Character Creation Rules page. 

That's all I see.

Year 12 Day 38 19:57
Alright, after some DMing with Hal my memory has been jogged. The other name is Ulec Nossar, belonging to my cousin. I got him added on the multi so we could use eachother's computers without retaliation. But that was quite some time ago and it's not showing up on my OOC profile. I suppose Lian is going to have to wait for her application to be rejected a second time so that she can put both names into the multi account field. I only hope I don't get banned or anything over this. >.<

I have one more question now. Why is the combine so adamant about keepingeveryone down to one character? I would never want a second one myself since I have enough trouble keeping up with all the responsibilities of the one I've got, but I can't say I understand the problem now that spying isn't so much against the rules.

*sigh* The rant is out of my system. Just please help me, to anyone who can.

Year 12 Day 38 20:01
Scammers using two accounts, illegal spies, assassination attempts using two characters, etc.

Year 12 Day 38 20:22
Also, keeping a faction alive with just a couple of players each with 3-4 accounts...

Year 12 Day 38 20:25
I see now. It's always confused me a little to be honest. Maybe an MSN video conference would prove I have another flesh and blood person here? Or is that going too far?

Year 12 Day 38 20:37
Also, if you have a multi account it won't necessarily show up on your account page. When I was ASim I had numerous people ask about their multi status because their page said they were no longer one, but the admin multi page still had them listed. Not sure if it hits everyone, or if its been fixed since, so the be absolutely sure you are multis with someone you should contact an ASim and get them to check.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 38 20:48
Ok. Are we talkign another ticket, a personal e-mail, or a DM? And where's a list of ASims?

Year 12 Day 39 0:22
Second application rejected, third one sent with the other name added. I'm hoping this works. I still don't know how I'm supposed to contact ASims.

Year 12 Day 39 0:43
Support Ticket should be the way to go. ASims are: Owen von Ismay, Jesfa, Jyncs, Arjuna

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 39 0:55
Yet another ticket submitted. I sure hope this works now.

Year 12 Day 39 1:37
And Jenos.

Year 12 Day 39 15:19
All straightened out. Thanks for the help!

Year 12 Day 53 22:07
Deleted Post
Deleted by Zhao Yun. Reason: Smooth