269 are online

Year

Day

Time

16:46:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 46 14:41
Is it yet possible improve NPC XP, and subsequently their SP? If so, how is it done? I checked to see if there were any threads on this subject, but they're rather old. Thanks for any assistance regarding this matter. Cheers!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 12 Day 46 20:13
Yse you can. Primary method is walking on the ground with them in your party. I think they also get XP for: builders when building facilities, workers when producing, possibly dirt haulers when mining though not sure about that. Maybe some others.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 46 20:59
Thanks. I really appreciate this!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 12 Day 47 1:07
Was just wondering: do you have to walk with the NPCs the whole time, or can you tell one group to move to a certain square while you force march a 2nd squad (and both squads get the exp or the first squad still moves but only the squad you are leading gets the exp)

Year 12 Day 47 5:00
Currently.... You have to walk with them the whole time.

000607_Osten.png

Year 12 Day 47 6:21
To get the experience? Or just to move them at all?

In the Party dropdown menu it has "Command: Move to Room", does that only work in ships? And it would have to be ships that don't have locked doors at all (tried moving an item from entrance to hanger bay but because there is a door to the cockpit it wouldn't move, even though the locked door was not anywhere in between)

Also, what does the "Squad: Follow Me" mean? Ah know the obvious answer, but if they are in your squad, wouldn't they follow you anyway? Or is this a way to move more than 12 NPCs at a time? (and would the 2nd, or 3rd, squad following you also get the expereince? or just the ones in your personal party)

Year 12 Day 47 14:37
Tiali, in my experience, all of the ship's doors have to be unlocked for the "Move To Room" to work. As for the squads, you can only have one squad at a time. This is in addition to the NPCs in your party.

Edited By: Jax Starblade on Year 12 Day 47 14:39

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 12 Day 48 7:26
Year 12 Day 48 7:57
Just to clarify: however many squads you can create includes your party, correct? So you can't form a party with 3 'bodyguards' and still be able to create an additional squad of 12 riflewomen

Year 12 Day 48 8:05
Lets look at the squad rules, shall we?

Squads allow for indirect control over additional units outside of the character's immediate party 

So no, squads are only groups outside your standard party.

Year 12 Day 48 8:33
Year 12 Day 48 11:22
You can have more than one squad

- Clarr Solo

Clarr, I tried to put together a couple of squads, but got this message in a red info bar, as I tried to set up my second squad...

You can not lead any more squads

Now, perhaps it's because I just threw some test squads together. The first contained 2 NPCs, the second had 3. Though that doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference except for the fact they were not true squads of 12.

In any case, this has proven to be an informative thread, and as soon as I set down on somebody's planet, I'm gonna give these lazy sons-o-banthas a good walking! Thanks all.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 12 Day 48 11:49
The number of squads you can lead depends on what level your Ground Command skill is (unfortunately for me, ah have 2 points in Ground Tactics and none in Ground Command :P)

Year 12 Day 48 12:41
OK! Now that makes sense. Thanks.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 12 Day 48 17:18
Reading the rules page you are linked to is always good, don'tcha think?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 48 20:40
Yeah... *hangs head in shame*

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 12 Day 100 0:15
Would my Fighter & Freighter NPCs gain XP if they were in starfighters, linked to mine, and followed me around a system, or is NPC XP, at this time, only earned by the ways mentioned earlier?

Edited By: Jax Starblade on Year 12 Day 100 0:27

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 12 Day 100 2:34
Nope, just the way explained earlier. Currently if you put an NPC in most of the fighters, you'll have to contact an ASim to remove them as they will take up all the passenger space.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 100 5:03
Got it. Thanks, Ellias.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png