Day

Time

13:38:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3 4
Year 12 Day 57 11:35
Akadama Satoshi

I was asked to create a new thread for any questions I have, rather than use someone else's thread, so I started this...Note, though: I want this thread to be used by other newbs after I don't need it. Hence the name.

Now for my first question....Is there anyone willing to test me for Force sensitivity?(I doubt it)

If not, how can I find out myself?

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 57 11:40
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

You should have no problem finding someone willing to test you. Just be aware that some might not be as friendly as others. A few might even hold you captive, if you are force sensitive, and force you to make a shiny new lightsaber for them.

Finding out by yourself is impossible.

Year 12 Day 57 12:02
Akadama Satoshi

Are there any trustworthy people you'd recommend?

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 57 12:36
Your best bet is to join a faction, most offer testing at some point.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 57 12:42
Akadama Satoshi

I'm in one.

Corellian Engineering Corporation.

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 57 13:05
if I recall correctly thats Empire's faction, the Sith do testing as far as I can remember. They take their time and make too much hassle about it in my opinion, but should be safe.

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 57 13:12
Akadama Satoshi

Yep, we're Empire. Guess now I just need to figure out who to talk to:/

Also, why is there no official Sith Order?

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 57 13:33
as with anything, talk to your CO first. He/she should be able to help you out more. And they are just like a branch of the Empire, like Navy or Army so to speak.

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 57 13:53
Akadama Satoshi

I'd have thought they'd be a Seperate faction, like the Jedi Order:/

Or at least, the head faction of the Empire.

Also, Looking at the item list, I see that most Freighters have raw material costs of around 200,000 creds. Why, then, is the market cost so high?

Edited By: Akadama Satoshi on Year 12 Day 57 14:11

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 57 15:14
Vrik Dakari

The raw material price is just an estimate on how much you would need to pay for the raw materials used for making the ship. Keep in mind, this is raw material only. Then, you have to have a datacard, which is used to produce said entity inside of a shipyard or other equivalent facility. All of this has to take place in a facility, bare in mind, and is therefore owned by a faction or rich person. Sometimes these facilities are rented out for production purposes, in which case some sort of monetary benefits must directly ensue. All of this and the fact that profits must be made afterward lend in the fact that prices might seem so steep.

Think of it more simply like this. In real life, Apple is a booming company known for their MP3 players, the iPod. Now, an iPod's production cost is pretty low for the company, as well as shipping and packaging, yet they sell for upwards of $300. This is because like Combine, everyone's in it for the money and it's basically what turns the world round.

Hope that helped!

Year 12 Day 57 15:16
Player inflation

Year 12 Day 57 16:01
Ams Ipocnec

How do I level up and get XP.

Year 12 Day 57 16:53
The "raw material cost" is based on a server value. That server value is then used in the equation to extract that material from deposits, but is not the same amount that the faction pays to get the material. Then you have to factor in the costs of prospecting, the city, the mine, NPCs, the power generator, faction wages... and of course in most cases a healthy profit margin.

The ship, or other asset, then has its own construction cost, again based upon the raw material cost, and again factoring in all the other requirements to actually produce a ship... and again the profit margin.

Even if you have the means to produce your own entities, the equations mean that the cost of production is considerably higher than the raw material costs.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 57 17:19
Pretty much, if you were producing it yourself, and had your own mines to get the raw materials, the final cost would be approximately 3x the listed rules value. Then as others have said, people have to pay for the use of a datacard which increases in price as time goes on because people want more money, and people are greedy so they sell their stuff for a massive markup. But people get enough money to buy it anyway. Swings and roundabouts.

Ams, levelling up is done through getting XP. Getting XP is done for pretty much anything in this game. Check ther Guide - there should be a nice page there on what gives XP, unless someone has deleted it or something.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 58 9:25
Akadama Satoshi

Ams, I got to level 2 by walking around.

Trufax.

Also, thanks all:)

Any word on when combat is being implemented?

Edited By: Akadama Satoshi on Year 12 Day 58 11:36

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 58 11:51
Shhh!

Every time someone asks that Zhao moves the release date back a month!

No. Nobody knows.

Year 12 Day 58 13:03
Akadama Satoshi

Well, no disrespect intended, but...The game kinda sucks without it.

And by kinda, I mean intensely.

I also wish the travel times were shorter, but I can get over that.

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 58 13:27
lol I don't miss combat one bit =D

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 58 15:36
Akadama Satoshi

Actually, the travel times are awesome and annoying at the same time:/

What was combat like when it did exist?

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 58 17:46
It didn't. We used to have Red Scenarios, but that was just people RPing in forums, and their inventories being edited to match what they did.

Ellias_sig6.png
Page 1 2 3 4