223 are online

Year

Day

Time

06:43:53

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 62 21:15
Seeing how you can't post to a related topic if it is a question, ah will ask it here (and see how long it takes to be locked/deleted)

When did the Inventory get changed so you could no longer carry Toolkits & Crafting Kits in your hands? Ah used to carry both in both hands, ah dropped them a couple hours ago to move a crate (didn't know that crates now go into the Utility slot until it was too late)

Now that you can't use your hands to hold Kits, ah can only carry one or the other, and if moving around have to make multiple trips (or make sure every door in the entity is unlocked, even if it is a single door at the top of the 100 flat skyscraper)

Year 12 Day 62 23:02
It was changed with a recent sync, in preparation for combat (I believe it was when equipping NPCs was done). There wasn't any warning about it - in fact I think there was no equip slot and toolkits and crafting kits could not be equipped to the hands either.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 62 23:06
I havn't actually been able to get my hands on mine yet, so where do you equip them to now?

Photobucket
Year 12 Day 62 23:13
Why would you need to have every door in the entity unlocked? And why only carry one or the other? Isn't the easiest way simply to store one (or both) in a backpack, and carry them that way until needed?

Also, assuming the door lock issue is because you are carrying a keycard in the utility slot, isn't it still possible to move through a door by having the keycard in a belt item, as long as it's at the first storage level?

I guess I just don't understand why you're trying to carry everything in your hands at once.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 62 23:24
Hal, I think Tiali means unlocking every door so she can use the move to room function. But yeah, I was wondering what was wrong with a backpack to hold them.

Vasar, there is a Utility slot next to chest - if you look at the rules pages you will see that they are now equipped to that slot rather than hands (which are primary/secondary now too I believe).

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 62 23:25
Vaser: there is now a Utility slot between the right hand/Secondary Slot and the Cloak Slot

If you are trying to move items from one room to another, it won't happen if there is even one locked door (tried moving mah TEI Suit from the entrance to the Docking Bay but because the door to the cockpit was locked ah had to manually move the Suit)

Ah put the kits in mah hands way back before Inventory 2.0 was a figment in a coders drug-fuelled fever-dreams

Year 12 Day 62 23:29
I think you mean Position 2.

And the fact that you are used to carrying them in your hands does not mean that using storage items is not a better solution.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 63 4:04
I find the utility slot much better, now I can carry two weapons while making doors =D

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 12 Day 63 5:08
And the fact that you are used to carrying them in your hands does not mean that using storage items is not a better solution. 

And ah did not say that it was, was just surprised about the change and yes, ah forgot about simply putting them into a (worn) storage item (but that is not possible anyway as suddenly ah no longer have the room to carry them, haven't started carrying anything else but mah weight/volume is now a solid green or it's just that mah heavy belt isn't big enough, but either way, can no longer carry both anyway)