Day

Time

02:18:56

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » What do Space Colonies do?
Year 12 Day 66 12:10
What do space colonies do? I checked the rules page for stations, but nothing there specifically says what each type of station actually does. I assume that space colonies are stations capable of holding large numbers of people, but I'm not exactly sure what that means for me, the owner.

Is it like a small city? Does it generate income? If I were to purchase one, would I have to pay continual (lets say, monthly) maintanence-type fees? Can a single person own and operate a space colony by themselves?

I saw one for sale on CPM, and was considering buying it. However I don't really know what it does... Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Year 12 Day 66 12:19
Is it like a small city?

No

Does it generate income?

No

If I were to purchase one, would I have to pay continual (lets say, monthly) maintanence-type fees?

No.

Can a single person own and operate a space colony by themselves?

Yes.

What do space colonies do?

Not a lot. You can hire certain NPC types for them. You can dock ships in them. You can store RMs/items/etc. in them. They have a passenger capacity of 200, so they'll hold quite a few NPCs.

People (especially private individuals/freelancers) seem to tend to use them as cheap personal bases for storing assets, etc.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 66 14:17
Xu Xlaar Vivan

Save for a T1. Much better.

Year 12 Day 66 20:30
Ah ok. So it's basically a place to store stuff, especially NPC's.

Well, given my complete and utter lack of stuff, I shall refrain from purchasing a space colony. Thank's for the responces.