Day

Time

07:55:07

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 12 Day 68 16:49
Ka`rla Leakey

Has there been a change recently to the way we set faction infofields?

I click on ours as usual and they just highlight, I dont seem to be able to edit them at all. Please let me know if this is a bug or a tweaked feature. Thanks.

Year 12 Day 68 18:01
1 Year 12 Day 68, 17:59 Clarr Solo has changed Clarr Solo's Infofield 1 from Chief Executive Officer 2 to Chief Executive Officer.
2 Year 12 Day 68, 17:59 Clarr Solo has changed Clarr Solo's Infofield 1 from Chief Executive Officer to Chief Executive Officer 2.

Year 12 Day 68 18:17
No, it doesn't seem to be working...

Year 12 Day 68 18:49
IE doesn't seem to like inline editing, if thats what you are using. FF seems to be able, at least last time I checked around a month ago.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 68 19:13
1 Year 12 Day 68, 19:12 Your infofield 1 was changed by Mikel von Bianchi from Directeur [HC-1]# to Director [HC-1]#.
2 Year 12 Day 68, 19:12 Your infofield 1 was changed by Mikel von Bianchi from Director [HC-1]# to Directeur [HC-1]#.

Chrome.

Year 12 Day 68 19:37
I'm using FF, and can't seem to do the inline edits

Edit: updated FF, now it works

Edited By: Gravnkev Forestwanderer on Year 12 Day 68 21:15
Year 12 Day 69 3:42
Ka`rla Leakey

Well I have always used Seamonkey , a mozilla variant and this is the first time I have had issues with it but then I did do a roll back to an earlier version for stability issues a while ago. IE doesnt work at all either but as you say Firefox does work and I have just opened Combine up on that and yes it does work there.

At least I can pay people now even if I do have to switch browsers to FF for a while.

Year 12 Day 69 5:07
IE stopped doing the 'highlight to change name' but there is now a dropdown menu option (at least for items/ships) so maybe there is a similar option for Infofields

Oh and Clarr: way to go explaining how it's done (at least you didn't post an .img from the DevServer this time)

Year 12 Day 69 7:44
I don't see anywhere asking how to do it. Infact if you read the first post you'll see the instructions for how to change infofields right there in the second sentence.

I showed that it is working and obviously user error (or stupidity in your case).

Year 12 Day 69 11:53
She was saying how it used to work

Yes, you showed that it was working, but that is far removed from saying how to do so if you are not using FF

Ah tried to offer a solution but there is no descernable way to change the infofields for NPCs anymore using IE (at least none that ah can see, but ah had to be told about the dropdown menu to change the ship/item names so it's possible ah just can't see it. again, using IE not FF)

Year 12 Day 69 12:59
Ka`rla Leakey

Okay updated Seamonkey to latest build again and I can now edit infofields like normal, guess it is just really old and finicky browsers which have issues.

Year 12 Day 69 21:44
This thread is not even ABOUT NPC infofields. Get a clue.

Year 12 Day 69 22:43
After mah post ah tried changing mah faction infofield, and there is no way to do so with IE (or at least not that ah could see)

Might not be specifically about NPC Infofields, but it is related and still doesn't work, stop being House, you are not as good looking as him

Year 12 Day 70 0:46
We do not, and have not for a long time, support IE. That problem is therefore irrelevant. If this is an issue for you, update your browser.

Year 12 Day 70 5:09
Would it be possible to add a dropdown feature like there is for changing ship/item names? If not, no worries as ah personally don't see a reason to change mah infofields (fortunately ah set mah infofields, and the one NPC who needed the change, back when IE was supported)

Year 12 Day 70 16:29
In the past, I've ran into instances where I've needed to hit Enter in order to actually submit the change, as opposed to just typing them clicking elsewhere.

Year 12 Day 72 1:23
Ralgarrch

I'm pretty sure you should run into that instance every time as it was changed to require you to hit enter.

Ral.png
Year 12 Day 72 6:04
No, sometimes you could, as Zeks said, type the new info and click elsewhere and the change would stick

But, that is irelevent here, what is is asking for a dropdown menu option like was added for ship/item name-changing for those who don't have/use the latest FF or similar browser

Edited By: Tiali Bixa-Loca on Year 12 Day 72 7:52
Year 12 Day 72 9:20
We do not, and have not for a long time, support IE. That problem is therefore irrelevant. If this is an issue for you, update your browser.

- Mikel

Which part of that quote don't you understand?

Year 12 Day 72 20:11
Screw me with a 5x3, ah was foolish to think adding another option to the dropdown menu would benefit everyone

Page 1 2