Year

Day

Time

09:54:13

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Trick to Moving items within an entity
Wow, moving some items around in my YT-1300, and moving them from the entrance to the hangar, even doors between the cockpit and room next to that have to be unlocked? What kind of sense does that make?

Why should doors between other rooms need to be unlocked? I understand the door between the rooms you're moving items to and from. Glitch in the code, or does it require more programming to check between two rooms specifically than just on the entire entity?

I am actually curious about that, this is not a whiny post.

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

"or does it require more programming to check between two rooms specifically than just on the entire entity"

Pretty much.

Between 2 rooms A and B wouldn't be hard, but then you start saying "Well there's a path to room X via rooms B->C->D->E->F->G, it's so obvious!" and the calculations required become exponentially more difficult and take whole seconds or minutes of execution time, and then the server crashes, and then I have to actually go outside, and that would be a bad thing.

Mikel doesn't react well to the sun:

twilight%20movie%20sparkle.jpg

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Don't know if it would work, but how about just checking to see if the sentient ordering the move is the owner who can just walk through locked doors (or just have a working valid keycard)