196 are online

Year

Day

Time

22:19:00

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 75 12:23
ok i might had missed this some where.But i was wondering if aplayer could open a vehicle/ship rental place.And any advise would be great .thanks for any input.

Everything is a weapon.

userbare.jpg

Year 12 Day 75 12:40
Sure you can. Just build a facility, store some vehicles/ships in it, and advertise.

Year 12 Day 75 12:41
Yes you can It would be a private run company or an NFG if you had several people assisting you. However I would not do it. Why????
1. The credits you would earn are not worth the effort.
2. You have to chase your ships all over the galaxy, pick them up move them around.
3. Someone rents a ship docks it or lands on a shielded planet and you can not get access to it. You just lost a ship.
4. By time you earn enough credits to rent ships that people will actually want to rent you will be thinking about starting up a NFG.
5. Someone wants to recreate their character. They transfer all their credits to a friend and rent a ship and sun themselves. You are again out a ship.

Just a few quick reasons why I would not do it. Other people may have different reasons why to start one. The final decision is yours to make.

Year 12 Day 76 19:13
Drofdar Yort

He has a point and ther person you rent the ship to might sun
themselves to make a new character.

Drofdar yort
Year 12 Day 76 22:07
Didn't Syn used to do something similar to this at one point?

Year 12 Day 76 22:18
Yes but that was along time ago.

Year 12 Day 77 1:55
Only fighters get melted, other ships just get damaged by sun iirc, so shouldn't be such a worry. Though I can see people not suing this for security reason, I know I wouldn't step into some random guy's ship and I know I am not the only one.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 77 13:25
So what are the security risk might i ask.

Everything is a weapon.

userbare.jpg

Year 12 Day 77 14:06
Having the ship unassigned by the owner and the pilot arrested/ransomed/killed?

Year 12 Day 77 17:21
Vrik Dakari

Yep. For all the person may know, you may just be a bounty hunter trying to capture them. All it would take for you to get them in this situation is that you could assign them the ship, making them think they have complete access to it, just to have you turn around, unassign them from the ship and get onboard yourself to arrest and execute or just hold hostage. Although I feel that this would possibly be a good, lucrative business idea, at the same time there are too many risks associated with it that would potentially make it a horrible idea.

Year 12 Day 77 22:00
Wow thats not a bad idea Although that wasnt what im aiming for.If you guys wouldnt mind looking at the post (under construction while i get the Feed back) in the commerce section and tell me what you think about that approach.

Everything is a weapon.

userbare.jpg

Year 12 Day 78 8:01
Yep. For all the person may know, you may just be a bounty hunter trying to capture them. All it would take for you to get them in this situation is that you could assign them the ship, making them think they have complete access to it, just to have you turn around, unassign them from the ship and get onboard yourself to arrest and execute or just hold hostage. Although I feel that this would possibly be a good, lucrative business idea, at the same time there are too many risks associated with it that would potentially make it a horrible idea. 

Yes but if you can just get a few testimonials, more and more people will trust you.

Year 12 Day 80 2:03
Ralgarrch

The combine mechanics are slanted towards criminals taking advantage of ventures such as this, even if we had combat for you to try and protect your investments it would be unlikely to succeed let alone profit significantly to be worth the effort.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 12 Day 80 2:07

Ral.png