212 are online

Year

Day

Time

06:25:00

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 85 18:10
As you can see in the title, there is an inactive player onboard my ship. I was wondering if an admin could remove him please. His name is Wilco Andersen.

~edit~ This is no longer an issue, so please DON'T remove him if you change your minds for some reason.

Edited By: Dulgan Swift on Year 12 Day 87 7:35

SwiftArms.jpg
Year 12 Day 85 18:34
No.

You could remove him though.

Year 12 Day 85 18:35
Did they fix it, Mikel? Where's it at now?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 85 18:44
I meant he could kill him. =P

Year 12 Day 85 19:49
That's an IC solution to an OOC problem though.

Edited By: Dulgan Swift on Year 12 Day 85 19:59

SwiftArms.jpg
Year 12 Day 85 20:38
Having someone on your ship in a hyperspace-induced coma seems pretty IC to me.

"I like Justin Beiber Mash-Up's the best" is what I keep telling myself.

Edited By: Jesfa on Year 12 Day 75 2:19
Year 12 Day 85 21:00
What you posted before you edited your post made more sense, where you were bitching about the inconvenience of having to actually do something about it rather than having an asim fix your problems for you.

You can come borrow a pair of cuffs from me if you want.

Year 12 Day 85 21:09
Well, it is a hassle to take care of it myself, of course, but I think my edited post still makes perfect sense. I can't kick him off my ship, because the button isn't there anymore, and the player is inactive--both are OOC situations that make it impossible to get him off my ship without killing the guy.

SwiftArms.jpg
Year 12 Day 85 23:36
Having someone on your ship in a hyperspace-induced coma seems pretty IC to me. 

Having to kill them to remove them from said ship does not, however.

Year 12 Day 86 1:02
You know you could just Arrest, not execute, just Arrest you bloodthirtsy people, go to Party screen, Add him to Party, land on surface, move out with him, Release and everybody is happy. Problem solved.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 86 4:03
Fact of the matter is, yes he could arrest and move. That would necessitate setting himself up to be able to do the arrest in the first place, which may take some time to do depending on his situation. Since the feature to remove passengers from a ship by kicking them has been removed for the moment (an OOC action) getting OOC help to do what the feature would of done seems completely reasonable to me.

Dulgan, DM an ASim or make a support ticket to get it done. With IDs/names.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 87 1:31
Ignore Ellias, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I personally refuse to move players from ships unless it's a block because
1, you can move them, you just need to hire someone to do it if you can't do it personally,
and 2, there is likely a reason as to why that PC is there, and if we interfere, they could get killed/arrested and blame us. There have been attempts in the past to exploit the asims kindness when moving people like this.

Unless specifically stated, this post is not the view of the Star Wars Combine Administration and should not be viewed as such.
Year 12 Day 87 4:39
So, someone wanders onboard your ship, the only way to get them off is by finding a government willing you grant you A/E privs just to get them off again because the only other non-lethal way was removed? And it's the players fault?

Ah have 2 droids on mah ship and no way to get rid of them (the former owner of the ship believes their owner died or something), and before you say "use the Trader's Lounge", ah was banned from there for defending someone, but no worries, once comat goes live ah will sick Teniel and her hairy cohorts on to them as combat training

Year 12 Day 87 6:01
So, someone wanders onboard your ship, the only way to get them off is by finding a government willing you grant you A/E privs just to get them off again because the only other non-lethal way was removed?

- Tiali Bixa-Loca

No, they didn't just wanter onto your ship, they would have to be on the crewlist or owner/commander/pilot to get onto the ship, so unless you bought the ship with that person on it, it's your own fault.

Year 12 Day 87 6:19
It's our* responsibility to make sure anyone who enters the ship under our* control leaves of their own volition before they go inactive? And also to make sure that if we purchase/assigned a ship that there is not an inactive stowaway onboard?

Just trying to understand the offical standpoint on this

*royal 'our', not personal

Year 12 Day 87 15:13
You dont really need any government to Arrest someone, only need Security faction to be able to Arrest out of faction and be in Deep Space.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 87 18:36
Ellias pretending to still be an asim always gives me a giggle.

Tiali, people do not "wander onto your ship". If they're on your ship, you let them enter it and you can deal with the consequences. If they're on a ship that you buy, that's a situation between you and the seller. There are game solutions to the problems and you do not need admin intervention because you're lazy.

Year 12 Day 87 18:58
I let people wander on to my ship because there's supposed to be - and used to be - a kick button.

It was broken, OOC, by game staff, so until it is fixed it should be dealt with, OOC, by game staff. It is not a game situation that a button was there one day and gone the next.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 87 21:38
And how long have you known that there isn't a button to do it anymore, hm?