Year

Day

Time

13:55:33

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3 4
Year 12 Day 100 6:48
Is there actually any way now to make them apart in your inventory or in Equipment screen, beside stabbing yourself and hope for the best?

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 100 6:51
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

There shouldn't be, no.

Year 12 Day 100 7:15
Even if there was still a loophole to determine which is which, you should not use it and report it so that it can be fixed.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 100 8:18
Thats kinda bullshit, I use bacta stuff all the time when door frames get me low on HP and last thing I want is to stab myself unconscious with drugs because some idiot would sell drugs as bacta, we all know people will try to pull that off. There should be some way I can say which is which.

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 100 8:20
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Yeah, by not keeping your drugs in the same case as your medicine.

Year 12 Day 100 9:42
Thats the entire reason they were implemented, Lil honey.

Year 12 Day 100 10:00
I still think its stupid. Glad I stockpiled bacta which I know for sure is bacta.

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 100 10:02
I agree with Lilith, it is bullshit. There should at least be a piece of equipment we can use to determine/test healing items to determine if they are drugs or not.

Year 12 Day 100 11:21
There is... it's called your arm. Use the "healing" item on your arm, and you'll know if it was healing or drugs!

Or buy healing items only from sources you know are selling them honestly, as Lil appears to have already done.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 100 18:29
^

If you want to guarantee you have proper medical items, contact a reputable medical faction. Otherwise, that was the whole point of the drug items was to allow people to buy cheap ryll items and sell them as the expensive bacta ones.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 100 20:54
I love it. Adds proper depth to the feature. And I'm quite sure the current method is UNDETECTABLE.

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 12 Day 100 21:59
There is no reason why they can't masquerade as real medical items and be sold the same while still being detectable as drugs when using some kind of testing unit. Hal, don't be daft. That is application and not testing, which would be the point before application.

As it stands the current inability to test drug items makes as much sense as it would if game admin allowed starships to have customs of other starship types (e.g. cloakshape having a star destroyer custom). It would appear to be a star destroyer until scanned, owned, or assigned. It's unrealistic and luckily those would be appropriate and existent ways to determine the actual ship were this an actual possibility. I'm wondering why admin feels that this is an appropriate feature to implement with no way to test the item for validity?

If I'm not mistaken Interdictor Cruisers had their gravity wells disabled since there was no way to counter their effects. At a minimum we don't have the ability to break into facilities/starships because there is no way to defend against it. Similarly there should be a way to counter and combat the trafficking of drugs on the combine. Do we expect the security forces in the galaxy to test medical items on themselves to find smugglers? Clarr, you say it adds depth to the feature. I say it would add more depth and activity in the combine to include an item that allows the testing of medical items to find drugs. Example: medical factions hire independent and reliable individuals to test their stocks of medical supplies.

I'm also interested in the admin's canon source for supposedly undetectable drugs in the SW universe. If they exist then by all means show them, if not then I encourage a more realistic, and dare I say, logical implementation of this feature.

Year 12 Day 100 22:17
Funny that you are complaining now, since from the time medical and drug items were introduced its been said time and time again that any way to differentiate between them is a bug. So why is this now coming as a suprise? Obviously you have been breaking the Golden Rule and using various methods to detect the difference.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 100 23:53
So everybody that owns any amount of drugs and medicine was breaking the rules just by clicking at Items in Inventory? Seriously Ellias...

Some form of detection, like item or something would be enough. I am pretty sure in RL people do tests to find out what certain stuff are drugs, beside taking a needle and stabbing themselves, like Hal would do.

I am not saying make them obvious they are drugs, but hell, we have billions of credits of medical equipment in the galaxy but are not able to tell if we are holding a needle full of bacta or ryll.

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 100 23:59
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

You seem to be confusing this for the suggestion sub-forum. That's actually ID 42, not 95.

Year 12 Day 101 0:06
I am pretty sure in RL people do tests to find out what certain stuff are drugs, beside taking a needle and stabbing themselves, like Hal would do. 

Actually I'd buy from the medical faction (RL pharmacy), but that's beside the point.

In RL, if you want to find out which/what drugs, then you take a certain amount, approximately your typical dose of such drug, and perform chemical tests upon it. Once these processes are complete... you won't be wanting to take said drugs - or medication - for the original intended purposes, I guarantee you.

So if we implement testing, it would in turn destroy the item that you just tested. So while this might help if you got a full crate/batch from somewhere, if you buy 50 "medical" items from Joe Bloggs, there's no way for you to know that one is Bacta, and the one next to it is Ryll. Unless you test each one... and then you're left with none at the end.

If you want to buy from resellers, then you take your chances. Which, actually, is rather like real life. You can buy vicodin from the guy on the street corner, but you've no idea how good it is, whether it's been laced with something, or if he's actually just selling you a tablet that looks the same.
And if you test it... well, again, you just lost your sample.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 101 0:40
I wasn't suggesting a thing Ten, I was pointing out it would be nice to have a way of detection and stating facts.

Of course I wont buy from some random person, but I still think its bullshit, since there is absolutely no way for anyone to tell if the medical faction didn't started to mix drugs into their sales.

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 101 0:42
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

I'm sorry, you're right. I should have referred you to the general talk forum instead.

Year 12 Day 101 0:46
Of course I wont buy from some random person, but I still think its bullshit, since there is absolutely no way for anyone to tell if the medical faction didn't started to mix drugs into their sales. 

Except of course using the items... that will tell you.

Are you going to complain when combat comes and any random person can shoot you without letting you know beforehand?

Year 12 Day 101 2:25
It started off as a question to admins, so technically you shouldn't have even answered it, since you are not one. Now please stop flaming in my threads.

I'd rather not take risks with my life Clarr when I want to heal myself. And no, of course not, in combat I'd know what I'll be going into, I'll the risk and I'll know how to protect myself. Which this, I hardly can, since only way as you pointed out is to just use the item and hope it really is bacta.

Edited By: Lilith Delcroix on Year 12 Day 101 2:26

MeandMine.png

Page 1 2 3 4