Day

Time

06:10:34

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3 4
Year 12 Day 101 7:57
Alexander von Ismay

In RL, if you want to find out which/what drugs, then you take a certain amount, approximately your typical dose of such drug, and perform chemical tests upon it. Once these processes are complete... you won't be wanting to take said drugs - or medication - for the original intended purposes, I guarantee you.

- Hal

... Being a Medical Student (Pharmacology at that) thats not how you would test a drug. Unless you want to end up in a potential coma from drug misuse (I'm not sure what drugs you're talking of, so my comment was towards the harder stuff :P)

We (the Doctors) have equipment to test the drugs. We grind them with a mortar/pestle and then do several tests to check the authenticity of the drug.

Now. SWC wise... should we have such a method? probably, but its not fully needed. But the way it is, just buy from those you trust.

I personally ONLY sell it as ryll. Not as BACTA.

"Whenever feasible, one should always eat the rude."
Year 12 Day 101 8:26
You should take your advanced education and re-read what Hal wrote, I'm thinking.

Lilith, you can call things 'bullshit' (what a wonderful word) however many times you want, and it's still not going to change anything. You could take your lazy self and go make a suggestion for an item to test them, which of course would fall under the limitations stated by Hal (ie, item is destroyed). Or you could suck it up.

Just repeating that something is 'bullshit' will put you into the negatives, I'm thinking.

Year 12 Day 101 9:22
Ellias: there is nothing funny about it. Until recently actually I never owned any medical items and I'm absolutely certain they are good to go. However, this piqued my curiosity since there has been recent news and updates about medical and drug items. Normally you're one of the more sensible posters on the forums, but your accusation makes me loose respect for you. It actually pisses me off quite a bit. Do us all a favor and STFU with your unfounded and opinionated accusations.

Mikel: Lilith, and I for that matter, are not being lazy. We're trying to figure out the thinking behind this feature before pressing on with other actions (i.e. making a suggestion). Instead of worrying about what we're doing why don't you post to contribute to the thread or instead send either of us a DM if you can't get over it.

I'm still waiting for an admin to get a chance to answer the questions I posed in my earlier post.

Year 12 Day 101 9:48
You're complaining about features in an entirely inappropriate location and likewise are making absolutely no effort to solve what you perceive to be a problem. You've now had 2 programmers, Ellias (a former asim), and Hal (who is often rather involved in many aspects of the development process as well) give you reasons behind the current implementation of the feature and explaining the reasons why detection methods are not implemented.

Your personal attacks against myself are rather petulant and unfounded, given that I have helped explain the reasons why it is implemented this way (and could change it personally, should a decent suggestion be posted by someone who cared enough to see a positive change).

Year 12 Day 101 10:03
Alexander von Ismay

I re-read Hals post...(and even my quote) I swear I read something different before (something about taking the meds and seeing if they work). I stand corrected.
I blame exams and stress. :(

Carry on! ^.^

*saunders off with his ryll to take and test it!*

---

As for the "bullshit" and so on about detecting fake bacta.
If you buy from a well known medical faction, then you *should* be safe. Unless someone replaces its stock with ryll.

Let me just tell you. I have factories at full speed. Pouring out "fake bacta". Where it goes once I sell it, it not my concern.

Buyer beware, and all that. I also like the fact its now impossible to tell the difference.
I named all my actual bacta prior (and store it on a sprinter to boot) to keep it separate.

Edited By: Alexander von Ismay on Year 12 Day 101 10:08

Year 12 Day 101 10:07
First, they are not personal attacks so get over yourself. If you perceive them that way then know that's not my intention, and the comments I made are perfectly founded. It at least got you to make a post that now contributes to the topic of the thread. Previously you only posted twice both of which you added no substance to the topic and only confirmed the obvious. That's awesome you can change it, I should expect you would be able to since you're part of the implementation team.

I'd say I'm very interested in seeing a positive change. I'll admit I was a bit upset when I first started posting in this thread, however, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in helping to solve the issue. I'm also curious, where is the appropriate forum? I think Lilith and I have both raised legitimate questions directed at the administration team. However, and not disrespecting those who have a fair amount of knowledge of what's going on with game features, but those who aren't on the admin team often try to answer for admin when that is not their place.

As it stands the point of this thread is to question the implementation of undetectable drugs. Once we've determined that improvement can be made we'll move into how that can be done. It's a process and I'd appreciate if you hop aboard Mikel, if you're really interested in improving the game play. No reason why we can't step back and look at how things are going (regarding this feature) and then press on - either changing the direction or re-affirming the current direction the feature is going.

If I may comment on the testing of drugs. There is no reason why the technology can't/doesn't exist in the SW universe to scan drugs for their molecular makeup without having to take an actual sample. That would alleviate the problem of mixed batches or destroying the very item you wish to use. Just scan it and know if it's a drug or medical item. Make sense?

Edited By: Elijah Shoryyhn on Year 12 Day 101 10:09
Year 12 Day 101 10:21
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

"There is no reason why the technology can't/doesn't exist in the SW universe to scan drugs for their molecular makeup without having to take an actual sample."

That's right, but there is no such item implemented in the SWC universe. Does that make sense?

Year 12 Day 101 10:25
"It's Star Wars, so obviously it should be able to exist" is the most unimaginative and lazy excuse to do anything that consistently arises when people can't or simply don't feel like trying to explain away either the real reasons to do something or gameplay limitations that necessitate an opposite course of action.

Year 12 Day 101 11:10
Yay! Ten finally figured it out! :D

Mikel: it's not an excuse and it's not fully suggested/outlined yet. But I suppose the petty retorts are in keeping with your normal "that's the way it is don't look at me" attitude. When you feel like joining us in actually considering this suggestion rather than making snide remarks about the poster please feel free to join us. I won't be dissuades from the topic because you keep targeting me and how I do things. If you have a problem with how I post please feel free to give me some constructive criticism in a DM.

Year 12 Day 101 11:20
How about you try being productive on the forums instead?

And I've yet to see any unanswered questions that make any of your recent posts an appropriate topic for this forum and not one that should be moved to a well thought-out suggestion instead.

Edited By: Mikel von Bianchi on Year 12 Day 101 11:24
Year 12 Day 101 11:25
I re-read Hals post...(and even my quote) I swear I read something different before (something about taking the meds and seeing if they work). 

That was my first post, and clearly (I thought) tongue-in-cheek.

Moving on...

There is no reason why the technology can't/doesn't exist in the SW universe to scan drugs for their molecular makeup without having to take an actual sample.

- Elijah Shoryyhn

I'm going to respond to this with a quote by *gasp* YOU!

I'm also interested in the admin's canon source for supposedly undetectable drugs in the SW universe. If they exist then by all means show them, if not then I encourage a more realistic, and dare I say, logical implementation of this feature.

- Elijah Shoryyhn

In other words, if you have canon evidence of Star Wars technology that can test a drug without destroying the sample, show it. Otherwise...

STFU

- Elijah Shoryyhn

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 101 11:28
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

I didn't finally figure anything out. Heck, I even pointed at the suggestion forum several posts ago. You know, the place where someone could suggest adding an item or a function to an existing item to test for this. (and most likely be shot down)

Year 12 Day 101 11:34
$In other words, if you have canon evidence of Star Wars technology that can test a drug without destroying the sample, show it. Otherwise...
STFU

- Elijah Shoryyhn

- $Hal Breden

I didn't finally figure anything out. Heck, I even pointed at the suggestion forum several posts ago. You know, the place where someone could suggest adding an item or a function to an existing item to test for this.

- Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

VW-OhSnap.gif

Year 12 Day 101 11:52
I really don't seen any point in posting it as a Suggestion because clearly, any of those that perhaps could get feature like that implemented don't give a damn and the thread would be flamed by most of you just like this one. So yeah, it obvious there is no point.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 12 Day 101 12:51
Lilith, I apologize if I flamed in your post.

Hal, nice quote work! I mean, really, that's superior work! I'd pat yourself on the back for that one. Unfortunately, you, the logical one, missed the point. Let me give this a try and quote myself.

I'm also interested in the admin's canon source for supposedly undetectable drugs in the SW universe. If they exist then by all means show them, if not then I encourage a more realistic, and dare I say, logical implementation of this feature.

- Elijah Shoryyhn

Let me break the above quote down for you Hal, it's pretty simple. I requested a canon source from admin that drugs are undetectable. I also expressed and encouraged that should a canon source not be revealed that a more logical approach be taken with this implementation. Not that the lack of a canon source should stop this feature in its tracks.

Likewise, my off the cuff thought for an item that can scan and test drugs can still be implemented without a canonical source. And indeed I could not find a canon source for testing drugs. Suffice it to say, I seriously doubt that CorSec (for example) officers use glitterstim on themselves when testing/searching smuggler's cargo. I hope that clears things up for you.

Now if you're all finished high-fiving each other for your hollow quote victories, let's press on with this discussion. Though I would have to agree with Lilith that it's clear any of those capable and willing to do the work clearly don't give a damn.

Edited By: Elijah Shoryyhn on Year 12 Day 101 12:53
Year 12 Day 101 12:53
No I didn't really mean you Elijah, you are like the only person that shares my view on the drugs issue=P

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 12 Day 101 13:35
I missed nothing. Here's your "logic":

If there is no canon source for undetectable drugs, then we shouldn't implement them that way.
The more "realistic"/"logical" implementation is a device that can scan to detect if something is medical or drug, which could exist in SW.

My response, using your "logic" is thus:

If there is no canon source for a device which can scan to detect drugs, then we shouldn't implement it that way.
The easiest implementation is absolutely no change at all, which requires no additional effort on anyone's part.

See how that works?

I also question what definition of "realistic" and/or "logical" equates to "what Elijah thinks". Because let's face it, "it's bullshit" is not a logical argument. Nor is a blanket "there should be" statement without supporting evidence. None of which has been provided at any point in this thread.

And Lilith, it's nice to see that you have a double standard towards flaming when it's directed in support of your argument.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 101 13:40
Alexander von Ismay

Allergies:

Ashern rebels once contaminated a portion of bacta. The contaminated bacta caused allergy to bacta in all that used it. Upon discovery of the contamination, Ysanne Isard had much of it funneled into the black market. Ton Phanan and Gil Bastra both possessed an allergy to bacta.

- Wookieepedia

Year 12 Day 101 13:45
You're absolutely right Hal, we should just take the easy way out and do nothing.

EDIT: Alex that's a great source actually, because the NR started testing all bacta thereafter and I'm about 99% sure they wouldn't dunk random innocents in bacta to see if it was good or bad.

Edited By: Elijah Shoryyhn on Year 12 Day 101 14:01
Year 12 Day 101 14:08
The thing is that we haven't done nothing. We've taken a lot of trouble and effort (and by "we", I mean the appropriate game staff) to close all the bugs that allowed distinction between medical and drug items, as per the planned implementation of the feature.

The fact that you don't like it is not justification to disregard all of that, and no rational and supported reasoning that it should be changed has been presented... even if this were the appropriate venue for such a suggestion, as Ten has repeatedly pointed out that it is not.

Page 1 2 3 4