Year

Day

Time

07:49:49

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3 4
Year 12 Day 101 14:13
Alright Hal, that's a reasonable explanation and statement. I'll discontinue my efforts here until I can make a well thought out suggestion in the appropriate location.

Year 12 Day 101 14:16
There is no double standard, as far as I can say Elijah doesn't flame here, he; unlike some of the others, actually has something to say to the topic. But I guess thats just hard to see.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 101 14:22
It is rather difficult to see through his flawed logic, I absolutely agree.

Year 12 Day 101 17:50
I don't see where the flaming is going on really, other than from your two. Its been stated that it was the admins decision to have drugs and medical items indistinguishable right from the start. The fact that in the, what, 6-12 months since it was introduced no-one has thought that this would be such a big issue and made a suggestion about implementing some way to detect the difference between them shows that no-one really cared about it. They bought bacta from medical factions if they wanted to be sure, but otherwise took a risk buying it on the market.

The funny thing here is that its only 2 (maybe 3, not sure what Lex's position is) complaining about a feature that was implemented months ago and finally had the bugs taken out of it.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 102 6:16
Alexander von Ismay

I'm all for not being able to tell the difference. :)

"Whenever feasible, one should always eat the rude."
Year 12 Day 102 8:04
You can still have them undetectable in appearance, but there should still be a kit of some sort to test (without using up the entire sample) the product to determine what you have

Year 12 Day 102 8:28
so... here is finally a suggestion so that the thread can be locked considered it breaks any forum laws:

You can test a *batch* of bacta/ryll for what it is when
- being in a medical room
- have a medic NPC in your party
- have a MediKit with you

One piece of the original batch is being destroyed and one use of the MediKit (1 bacta refill), too. This could reflect that you do tests with a probe like a dote/antidote experiment.

- The test can either be an automated success or (to reduce the chance of a success) a skill test on Medical Treatment could be added.

- It can either be instant or take a certain time.

- The result would be a personal event telling the result.

Comments?

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 12 Day 102 9:08
Take it to the suggestions forum?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 104 22:39
In RL, if you want to find out which/what drugs, then you take a certain amount, approximately your typical dose of such drug, and perform chemical tests upon it. Once these processes are complete... you won't be wanting to take said drugs - or medication - for the original intended purposes, I guarantee you.

Bacta is a synthetic chemical substance supported in a fluid mixture right. In RL if you wanted to find out if bacta was bacta, and you had a sample that you knew was bacta, I could test confirm it in about 5 minutes in one of the schools labs. Would take less then 1ml of your syringe to find out. Give me a day and I could find give you a rough layout of whatever other molecules were present in your solution. If there were a few drugs that resembled bacta, it would not matter the composition in the syringe, if I had the drug data, in the same 5 minutes I could give a rough composition of what you had. All this could be done with a sample smaller then a leaky faucets waterdrop, hardly destroying of your syringe.

This is with aging and semi-cheap equipment, I only add this as I did a few years of research in something similar, molecular drug analysis.

On the topic can you just stick the thing into an npc arm, and hope the rest of the batch acts the same way?

Year 12 Day 105 6:15
Alexander von Ismay

Zul, this is assuming that real bacta isn't mixed in with fake bacta.

;)

"Whenever feasible, one should always eat the rude."
Year 12 Day 105 8:31
You can test a *batch* of bacta/ryll for what it is when
- being in a medical room
- have a medic NPC in your party
- have a MediKit with you

One piece of the original batch is being destroyed and one use of the MediKit (1 bacta refill), too. This could reflect that you do tests with a probe like a dote/antidote experiment.

- The test can either be an automated success or (to reduce the chance of a success) a skill test on Medical Treatment could be added.

- It can either be instant or take a certain time.

- The result would be a personal event telling the result.

- Vip Fortuna

I like this proposal, but i would add a scanning item into the procedure, like a Biological sensor pack instead of the MediKit.. This would allow to test the other items (Healing Stick/Death Stick and Batca Patch/Ryll Patch).
To perform the test within the Facility Controls of a Lab would be an option, too.

In the process of the testing, the sample would be unusable. This would mean that if you're attempting to test a sample of a refill patch, the sample would be destroyed.

So that could end up to that you get a test result which contains that the sample was an batca refill. But this necessary doesn't mean that there are no bacta ryfills within the batch of refills. It would be still a crapshoot. But this proposal, including the proposal of Vip Fortuna wouldn't directly affest the person who wants to make a test of the respective item.

Comments?

Kesh Muntoo
Administrator of Health (CEO)
Republic Medical
Year 12 Day 105 12:46
I would bet the suggestion would be better in the suggestion forum..just saying.

jan`ru3557.png
Year 12 Day 105 13:44
I agree, Jan`ru Shara.
The reason why I posted in here simply was that I don't know if such changes are wanted by game administration or if the status quo is set in stone.

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 12 Day 105 14:45
Ah I think they would look at it more have more feedback in suggestions forum since they probably don't look at this forum much :)

Year 12 Day 105 17:34
Sinnce this is discussing Bacta and Ryll, has anyone seen if you can repackage both ryll and bacta items of the same type into the same container? Usually it doesn't allow you to package items of different types together, but has this been worked around for these? Clarr?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 105 17:57
You can't.

Crates also hide it.

Obviously the fake tag doesn't show up on main.

Year 12 Day 105 21:03
Well, then the actual testing method is obvisiouly, if you can't repackage ryfill and refills together.. I would mean that you have to carry one of each medical item with you. If you're unsure what the "unknown" item contains (origin or counterfeit), simply try to repackage it with the medical item you're carrying around..

Kesh Muntoo
Administrator of Health (CEO)
Republic Medical
Year 12 Day 105 21:16
You can't repackage them at all.

Year 12 Day 105 22:54
I thought it was pretty obvious from the screenshot and the wording of the error message that all medical and drug items are unable to be repackaged.

Year 12 Day 106 0:45
I still think it would be an excellent opportunity to give SP-4 droids a use.

TenielDjo.png
Page 1 2 3 4