210 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:37:49

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » What i need to dock the Escape POD?
What i need to dock the Escape POD?

I am in a BFF-1, and i want to dock a Escape Pod.

I am the pilot of both ship, but i can not get the option to do it.

Can i do, or not?

Any help?

Sienna

Eshini`el Sandhawk

Maybe fire at the Escape Pod with ship`s tractor beam?

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

A docking bay. For now escape pods detached from ships are treated as normal ships, so you need a docking bay to carry it.

Humm, I only have an Hangar Bay.

The hangar bay is not the same? I mean, same purpose.

The tractor beam give me an error.

Hanger Bays only hold vehicles, docking bays are required to hold ships.

Oh! ok, thanks.

I learn in the worst way. Making mistakes.

Thanks for the attention.

Sienna

Making mistakes is a fair way to learn. Making the same mistake twice... that's another matter. ;)

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Here is a mistake to avoid ahead of time. If you ship comes with escape pods you can jettison, but no docking bay, you will not be able to put the escape pod back in the ship it just came out of.
Currently there is no way to restock escape pods and you can only put jettisoned pods in a docking bay for future use.
--Arch, out.

Can't you re-stock jettisoned escape pods by going to a shipyard and repairing it?

You don't re-stock the one that was jettisoned, but you can replace them by "repairing" a new one into the ship, yes.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
As Hal said - you 'repair' the escape pod by rebuilding it.

Ellias_sig6.png
Oh, so does that mean you have to have a built Escape Pod in the Shipyard when you 'repair' it in?

Nope. You do not need any escape pod entities at all to put one back on your ship as it were. Once the pod is out, its out and nothing can be done with it. Plan is that once escape pods are fully functional, once ejected they will head to a planet and automatically land randomly on the planets surface and then become a wreck or such. No way to put it back in, hence the repair.

Think of it as a flat pack kit and you are just putting it together in your ship. Ikea Pods anyone?

Ellias_sig6.png