282 are online

Year

Day

Time

14:41:32

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Rules Page shockingly inaccurate?
Year 12 Day 113 15:13
Rules Page seems to suggest that I should have a/e rights on a planet in a system controlled by a non-gov/sec/BH/merc group in a sector that I control.

Night Thieves control Planet B, which is in System X which they also control. They are not a government/BG/Merc/Sec group - my government faction controls the sector.

According to the Rules Page, I would appear to have a/e rights on that planet.

And yet, I don't.

I'm not saying to change the rules so I can, realistically I like the game better if I don't have a/e there, it makes one feature slightly less retarded. But Rules Page definitely needs to clarify.

Or I'm missing something.

TenielDjo.png
Year 12 Day 113 15:15

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 113 16:07
I'm actually ASKING, because I honestly don't know which way it's supposed to be. I obviously landed here to set up an ambush, and just discovered I don't have the a/e privs that the Rules seem to suggest I should have.

TenielDjo.png
Year 12 Day 113 16:31
Oh, didn't realise you were asking. Thought you were complaining about the misleading wording of the rules.

It comes down to the lowest level of control thing that's always been the most common confusion about A/E.

If a planet has a controller, that determines who has A/E there. If the planet doesn't, then you check the system. If the system doesn't, then you check the sector. A location only has one controller.

It's not your territory, despite you owning the sector, because someone else owns the system.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 113 17:44
Teniel, just wait for the PvP ground combat - then you can arrest anyone, anywhere so long as its outside on a planet.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 113 17:53
I don't think you've even read the rules pages. The suggest nothing of the sort.

Please read the rules before spouting misleading garbage.

Year 12 Day 113 18:07
Government-type factions may arrest and execute everyone within their territory. "Government Territory" is defined as any planet, system, sector that they control, and any capital ship or space station that they own.

That seems to suggest that I can arrest in a sector I can control.

# Uncontrolled systems are considered territory for the faction that controls the sector.
# Uncontrolled planets are considered territory for the faction that controls the enclosing system.

That seems vague, the rules certainly used to be that any non-gov faction couldn't hold a/e over a planet, now obviously that changed for sec/merc/bh groups - and there was never a simnews announcing that we'd changed the conditions.

So the rules used to let me arrest on "this planet" controlled by a minor faction, now they no longer do? Again, that's an improvement for the positive since a/e was so messed up...but I'm just clarifying...is that true?

So Eidola could go back to Pirate Faction instead of government, and sector governments wouldn't be able to arrest on our planets?

TenielDjo.png
Year 12 Day 113 18:13
The rules say control only filters down if the planet is not controlled by anyone, not that it has to be controlled by a gov/sec/BH/merc group to count as non controlled.

It does mention gov/sec/BH/merc groups when talking about who can make an arrest, and who all deep space/uncontrolled sectors can count as for the purposes of making arrests, not including capital ships.

Specifically this quote
"Regular factions may authorise Government, Mercenary, Bounty Hunter or Security factions to issue warrants, arrest and execute within the faction's territory. "Faction Territory" is defined as any planet, system, sector that they control, and any capital ship or space station that they own."

Would appear to imply that any type of factions territory, is their own territory to be able to issue warrants as they see fit.

We so helpful :P

Year 12 Day 113 18:34
That seems vague, the rules certainly used to be that any non-gov faction couldn't hold a/e over a planet, now obviously that changed for sec/merc/bh groups - and there was never a simnews announcing that we'd changed the conditions.

So the rules used to let me arrest on "this planet" controlled by a minor faction, now they no longer do? Again, that's an improvement for the positive since a/e was so messed up...but I'm just clarifying...is that true?

So Eidola could go back to Pirate Faction instead of government, and sector governments wouldn't be able to arrest on our planets? 

Yes, it changed. Quite some time ago.

All factions now control their own territory to assign A/E privs in it. Still only certain factions can USE A/E, though.

And I thought there was a Sim News to go along with it. It was a pretty major thing. Certainly there was a big Suggestions thread and a lot of discussion and announcements.

Year 12 Day 113 19:38
facepalm.

Year 12 Day 168 18:39
Sorry for bumping this. I wanted to make it easier to find for a friend of mine.

Edited By: Tolando Krieg on Year 12 Day 168 19:12