Year

Day

Time

14:31:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Proper use of the Security Control Panel
Can anyone explain exactly how to use the Security Control Panel? I'm trying to lock and unlock doors en mass (as the rules description states it does), aboard my Cap. Ship, but no changes are taking place. Thanks for any help.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Sanatana Profigous

It's not implemented yet is it?

mystats.php?uid=c3181
Well it's got the green check by it, so I understand that to be implemented. And it does have some functionality. It simply makes no changes to the locks, even though it confirms (with the green confirmation banner) that a change has been made. I'm just wondering if I missed a step, or something.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
They will also give you an event if anybody enters your ship/vehicle/facility. But it sounds like a bug to me.

Edited By: Kerian Modun on Year 12 Day 121 11:17
Sanatana Profigous

Must be a bug.

To the bug base!

mystats.php?uid=c3181
Thanks. I'll see about that.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
I just deployed/used the panel myself. It seems to work fine, with a small problem.

In the Equipment screen, hit "Deploy" in the room you want it in. Then the option to "Use Panel" will appear. Clicking on it brings up the room map for the entity, with the options to "Lock All Doors" and "Unlock All Doors".

I dropped my keycard to make sure it was functioning, and it seems to work fine. Except the spaces in between the rooms do not update (Mine apperars that they are locked, with the segmented dividers between the rooms still).

Edit: Having locked the doors again, I can still move through the ship with the doors locked (and still without the keycard). So something isn't right.

Edited By: Mozinwrath Blackfrost on Year 12 Day 121 12:53
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

If you own the ship you can magically walk through doors.

I've made the ship over to the faction, and unassigned myself from Comm/Pilot. I've even undeployed the security panel. Despite all those changes I can still walk through the (supposedly) locked doors.

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Well, unless you have a keycard stuffed up your arse I guess something is indeed not working right.

the force is strong with this one

The obvious answer is: he forgot to lock the doors again

Nope. I made sure that all my doors were locked, via ACTION/LOCKS, dropped my keycard as well, and passed right through locked doors. I've submitted a bug report. Thanks all, for your input. Cheers!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Um, if you have assign ships privs in your faction, that should also allow you to bypass entering door codes.

Ellias_sig6.png