Year

Day

Time

12:36:45

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 123 8:13
Just wanting to know how that works in practice

Ah just entered a system and noticed ah was sharing quite a few sensors so checked the squares to see who was around, and noticed ah was sharing some but not from a faction ah only own stocks in, or does it only use one entity per square?

Year 12 Day 123 8:53
Um, you should only share sensors with entities where you are on their friendly IFF rating, and theirs on yours, and if there is a pilot (not sure whether they have to be active) in the cockpit (sats/stations etc don't need a pilot, they share regardless). Owning a stock of theirs should not confer any sensor sharing stuff.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 123 9:17
Friendly is green, correct? Because the entities ah'm sharing sensors with are purple/neutral

Year 12 Day 123 19:16
Um, you should only share sensors with entities where you are on their friendly IFF rating, and theirs on yours, and if there is a pilot (not sure whether they have to be active) in the cockpit (sats/stations etc don't need a pilot, they share regardless) 

Year 12 Day 124 0:36
So some random entities of a faction ah've never done business, or had any contact, with has me on their IFF Friend list?

Year 12 Day 124 2:02
Rules need updating then Clarr since it says this:

Ships, vehicles, facilities, droids, and stations share sensors with each other when they are friends,... 

which implies they only share when both are on each others IFF friendly lists.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 124 10:36
If I consider you my friend and give you $100 there is not necessarily friendship on your part if you decide to accept my money.

Year 12 Day 124 12:17
To me, it's the "with each other" that needs to be removed (it is that part that implies it has to be mutual), maybe change it to "...share sensors if they have you listed as friendly on their IFF..." because as it is now they can still show up as neutral to you but still let you use their sensors (that was what had me confused)

Year 12 Day 125 18:31
So if I set my default IFF to friend, do I share my sensors with everybody?

I was originally told when I last asked this, that two people, in order to share sensors had to be mutual friends specifically. Therefore, two people with default IFF set to friend can't share sensors unless also friends specifically, as mentioned above.

Year 12 Day 125 20:11
Tell me where you are Broms, and ah will check for you as soon as ah can get there

Like ah said, seemed a bit strange to be sharing the sensors of some but not all ships from the same faction, specially seeing how they were neutral to me