Day

Time

20:24:55

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Repackaging Counterfit Items
Year 12 Day 136 4:35
I am recieving a strange error when attempting to repack some bacta patchs into a crate. I recieve the following error.

Cannot repackage item types that could potentially be counterfeit items.

I know the items are not counterfeit as my faction produced them. I have unpacked and repacked the items many times in the past. Is this a recent change to the combine concerning all medical items or a glitch?

Year 12 Day 136 5:25
Caes`hla Csapla

You can't repack them because it would allow people to test if an item were real. You can't pack two different types of items together, so, if you had one you knew was real and one you were unsure of, you could try packing them. If it didn't work, you would know the second was counterfeit. The KISS solution was simply to prevent the repacking of items for which a counterfeit existed.

Year 12 Day 136 9:21
or to allow tha repackaging of all items counterfeit or not.

Year 12 Day 136 10:41
Sure, put them in a backpack/locker/safe. Problem solved!

Year 12 Day 136 10:49
or to allow tha repackaging of all items counterfeit or not. 

You obviously don't understand how repackaging works.

Year 12 Day 136 18:42
You can't repack them because it would allow people to test if an item were real. You can't pack two different types of items together, so, if you had one you knew was real and one you were unsure of, you could try packing them. If it didn't work, you would know the second was counterfeit. The KISS solution was simply to prevent the repacking of items for which a counterfeit existed. 

Correct.

Also both medical items and drugs come in crates from production.

Year 12 Day 137 3:43
Sigh. I am not trying to test the authenticity of the merchandise, and I do understand the repacking process.

Bacta patches come in a crate during production. Up until a few days ago I could unpack the crate remove a few patches, then repack the rest into a crate. Since I run a medical faction this was very handy for managing inventory. However recently when I try to repack my patchs into a crate I get the error I mentioned in my first post. I just wish to know if this is a glitch or part of a recent pack.

Year 12 Day 137 9:14
Caes`hla Csapla

Short answer: A few people ruined it for everybody. While you may have no intention of using it as an exploit, it still remains that there are those that most assuredly would, given the opportunity.

Year 12 Day 137 12:36
same crap here. i bought about 200 backta refills for Nova Industires, and accidental unpacked them on a asteroid hideout...and now it is almost filled up and i cant put anything else inside.

Shep_Sig_1.png

You can call me Ann Marie. But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails. If not... Then call m
Year 12 Day 137 21:46
Caes`hla Csapla

If it causes problems such as the inability to even access the entity, submit a ticket and an ASim will take a look. If you can get in it, you're best off just packing them all into backpacks or another storage item and labeling them appropriately.

Or not unpacking them to begin with. Don't intend that as an insult or as sarcasm - merely a comment for any new players that might stumble upon this thread. :)

Year 12 Day 137 22:35
Zorian, you know you can remove items from a crate without removing them all? You'll end up with spare lying around, but you will still have a crate with some in them.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 138 3:53
Got a question regarding repackaging (not counterfeit but still closely on-topic)

When you repackage, say DD6's, and then take them out of the crate again, that gives them new ID#'s, correct?
So ah could take a number of DL-44's obtain from different sources over a large time period, repackage them into a crate and when ah empty the crate they will all have new sequential ID#'s? Or no

Never repackaged anything (only come across maybe 2 or 3 crates at all) so not sure how it works

Year 12 Day 138 15:20
It should work that way, yes. The items are technically deleted and re-created.

Year 12 Day 138 16:21
Thank you muchly :D