324 are online

Year

Day

Time

14:13:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 152 1:06
How can I change my NPC infofield from 'unused' to my own text?

Year 12 Day 152 1:12
Click in the desired Info Field. Type what you want. Press the Enter key to save what you typed. Cheers!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 12 Day 152 1:28
Not working....

An example:

ID# 1314327
Gluupor Joyriak
Unused <--- How do I change the text unused?
Manager: Davy Hawker
Supervisor: Davy Hawker

Edited By: Davy Hawker on Year 12 Day 152 1:28
Year 12 Day 152 1:32
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Click in the Info Field.

Type what you want.

Press the Enter key.

Y'know, what Jax said. If that doesn't work then there's a problem somewhere in between SWC and the chair you're sitting on.

Year 12 Day 152 1:37
I'm guessing you are using IE? IE doesn't like the inline editing, so you will have to temporarily use FireFox to edit it.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 152 1:38
Thank you Ellias for the usefull answer ;p

I downloaded firefox.

Problem has been solved.

Edited By: Davy Hawker on Year 12 Day 152 1:42
Year 12 Day 152 5:01
On a related note: wasn't it possible at one stage, after the move away from IE support, to edit the Infofield of NPCs via the dropdown menu?

So, with the move away from IE, the only way to change the Infofields (NPC & PC) is by downloading another browser?

Edited By: Tiali Bixa-Loca on Year 12 Day 157 20:08
Year 12 Day 157 22:25
We're not moving away from IE - Veynom has said that SWC should work properly in IE as well as other browsers.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 157 23:44
Then all technical issues related to IE will be fixed by Veynom.

Year 12 Day 158 18:41
Most of SWC works on IE, but the Infofields stopped working sometime ago (also not seeing the sublight and city travel maps, but that is most likely because ah'm currently using an old laptop with IE6 and just happy that SWC works at all with it)

{EDIT} Just got an iMac today (still waiting to hear back from NEC about the laptop light blowing out after only 3 years) and using the Safari browser, but that also doesn't seem to allow for Infofield editing, just checking that it is only Firefox that allows for the editing

Edited By: Tiali Bixa-Loca on Year 12 Day 160 5:15
Year 12 Day 160 5:45
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Works fine in Chrome and Chromium as well.

Year 12 Day 161 3:37
Yeah, i've only ever seen problems with IE, many versions of it as well. I stay well away from anything with a partial apple attributed to it, so don't ask me about safari. I primarily use chrome, and on occasion firefox, so yeah, get yourself a good browser.

Not even Death's embrace shall save you from me.

There are too many good guys in this galaxy, which is why you have me.

mystats.php?uid=c6464
Year 12 Day 166 23:19
I use Firefox for it's plugins. I am interested in Chrome though. Is there equivalent functionality to NoScript and Adblock Plus, in Chrome?

Year 12 Day 166 23:30
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Adblock is also a chrome extension, and you can selectively turn scripts off in the browser itself. (though there's probably an extension that lets you to it as well)

Year 12 Day 167 17:43
Christian Hall

From what I learned in the little coding I've researched, IE is like the bratty little cousin that has to have special care just to operate like the normal cousins.

Year 12 Day 167 23:12
The Infofields used to work fine with IE for awhile, but then they stopped working