164 are online

Year

Day

Time

01:48:32

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 164 12:16
Hello everyone, I hope it's not wrong place to ask about my handle(name).
I'm planning to play as a chiss, so I wanted to make my name chisslike.
Sadly, due to restictions I had to submit "Nitals`eth Saidoann"
It doesn't look like a chiss name, and to be honest, I wouldn't feel good playing a chiss named like that. I know rules are to prevent people from submitting weird and strange names, but it also prevents me from calling my character a chisslike name. So here goes my question:
Is there any way to manually change my name to Nitals`eth`saidoann? Is that even possible? Because now I can't use my full or core name because it's against the "rules". I hope I'm not doubling any thread.
Cheers.

Year 12 Day 164 12:37
Obviously, you create the account before the character. Therefore, there is no way of telling when the account is requested what race the handle is intended for. You probably already noticed/realised this. While it causes some... inconvenience for a small number of very specific races to have to select a name in two parts, it is a necessary rule to enforce for the majority of characters that are created. Exceptions are not made at this time, and of course you can RP your name being arranged however you wish to match canon Chiss arrangement (and use the correct core name as your IRC handle, etc).

There have been suggestions/discussions of changing the way the system works, but there is no clear development project to alter the system at this time.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 164 16:04
It would be hard to RP that I have a different name than I actually do.
Anyhow thank you for you reply. I just hope I would be able to "chissinize" my name when new system will be relased.
Cheers

Year 12 Day 164 16:18
Well, you could always claim something like an Imperial clerk entered your name into a database with a space instead of the `. And it stuck. I hear it happens all the time. ;)
Imperials make good scapegoats, sometimes.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 164 17:28
Many Chiss actually stick a space after one of the ` to split it up so that it meets our 2 name minimum requirement, yet still looks chiss.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 164 23:10
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Aren't you taking things a little too seriously if you can't RP a Chiss just because you have one less upside down apostrophe and one more capital letter? It's not like they're making you turn one of your names to John.

Year 12 Day 165 6:31
Nitals`eth Saidoann

@Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
I didn't say I would "can't". I said I would feel bad playing a chiss character with non-chiss name. But it's not something that I can't deal with.
@Ellias Aubec
It's a clever idea but actually I tried to do it. Sadly it's against
"Character first and last name must start with a capital letter, and end in a lowercase letter" rule.
@Hal Breden
I thought my name under the avatar is my actuall name. Not a data in some Empire's database.
Anyhow, thanks to you, I came up with a solution. I will include my "real" chiss name in my biography, and say that I changed it a little bit to sound more familiar for Basic speakers. Probably nothing orginal, but good enough for me.

I know some of you could take this thread as a whining about my handle *eyes Teyacapan*, but it's not :)
Thanks everyone for kind replies and for explaining me my issue.
I'm still looking foward to play this game.

Year 12 Day 165 6:46
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Not so much whining as standing in your own way of enjoying the game.

Year 12 Day 165 21:22
Its, most of the chiss fraternity have the same problem and get annoyed by it, your lucky that you knew of the chiss names, some have names e.g. Flar Gar and he is chiss so its good to even have a chiss name at this stage.