174 are online

Year

Day

Time

01:18:46

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 190 13:00
I know for a fact that when a party travels, it moves at the speed of the slowest member. However, let's say I put some Elite Ewoks that are slower than me in a squad, with orders to follow me. Can I outrun the squad? Or do we all still move at the speed of the slowest following member, same as a party?

Year 12 Day 190 13:09
Squad != Party. My squad is currently running in circles while I'm far away, so I'd say the squad's speed is determined by the slowest squad member.

Year 12 Day 190 14:00
Deakon Jarvis

So is party mean the squad is with a PC and it influences its speed on slowest member, while squad is a group of NPC's that PC has assigned to do an action away from PC and moves to slower skill speed?

Year 12 Day 190 16:53
Pretty much Deakon: a party includes a player whereas a squad does not

But Brom's question was about a squad following him and his party: will the squad fall behind (and eventually be lapped) or will his party move at the speed of the trailing squad? ie the slowest member of the party is speed 2, whilst the slowest member of the squad is speed 1, will the party also be reduced to speed 1

Year 12 Day 190 16:53
Right, my party moves at the speed of the slowest member, and squads likewise at the speed of the slowest member.

What I'm trying to ask is: If the slowest member of a squad, which is ordered to follow me, is slower than the slowest member of my party, will the squad simply lag behind or will we all move at the speed of the slowest following member?

I assume and hope for the former, but you never know.

Year 12 Day 190 23:50
Korvas Varik

The real thing you want to know is if they will share they same sensors as you or the sensors of the lowest equipped member

Year 12 Day 191 2:53
Philip, why don't you test it yourself?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 191 20:24
I suppose I could when I get back to base. It'll be a while, but when I do I'll post the results here.