254 are online

Year

Day

Time

07:09:36

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Can a custom NPC flee with my unconscious body?
Olan Kaabe

If I have a party of custom npcs and I go down in combat, will my custom npcs flee with me back into my ship?

Can custom npcs wield knives and fight creatures?

transsig.png
Right now creatures don't fight back, so you don't need to worry about retreating.

Also, all NPCs currently seem to be fighting. Whether this will change with later versions of combat is unknown.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
I have brought up the issue with Custom NPCs being able to fight with Sin. Mainly along the lines of the skill points, since to be truely customisable they should have all their possible skill points free to use wherever, but at the same time this means its possible to create uber warriors that spawn wherever you are.

As for knives, they are indeed a weapon and so can be used.

Ellias_sig6.png
So I thought customs (cp bought) where good for nothing other then place holders and you know, script npcs.

They should be. Obviously, allowing them to fight is an issue that needs to be addressed in future revisions of Combat.

Deakon Jarvis

keep customs npc like they are in combat but limit amount like that of shuttles (max2) rather than 11 fighters >.>.

Mega-Unfair Advantage when it comes to combat. It's like being able to spawn a small army who can destroy anyone who dosn't have the cp's to spawn anything.

2zdt4r5.png
Olan Kaabe

So my IC brother NPC is not allowed to rescue me from the clutches of a Rancor and its enormous jaws?

transsig.png
Olan hes talking about people spawning NPCs when their otehrs get killed off or whatever to suddenly have a massive advantage.

Ellias_sig6.png
Couldn't we add a requirement of being in a certain facility to spawn customs, just like with ships and vehicles?

Olan Kaabe

So will my IC brother be able to flee with my body after Zhao turns off customs and non-military NPCs being able to take part in combat?

transsig.png