164 are online

Year

Day

Time

03:35:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 224 15:04
My name is Robert Simpson and when I applied for membership I tried to use Robert Simpson as my handle name but the application was denied and this is the email I received with the reason:

Dear Robert Simpson,

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your handle does not match our current rules requirements. It was turned down because it either contains numbers/special characters or it doesn't sound like a name (ie: Red Wolf). Please refer to the Character Creation rules page located at /rules/?Character_Creation for more information.

Please make the necessary changes and try again. If you have any questions or queries feel free to post on the Problem Centre or visit the help room on IRC (#swc-help).
--
The SW Combine Administration
Star Wars Combine
www.swcombine.com

Please help me out and tell me why I can't use my actual name?

Year 12 Day 224 15:19
It looks like someone hit the wrong button. I don't see any reason it would be declined. Try it again.

Although that said, it's not necessarily a good idea to use your real name in an online game.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 224 17:37
Indeed. Its actually against the rules to use your own name I believe, though obviously we cannot check that very well.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 224 17:40
It's not against the rules, exactly, but it is a valid reason to request a handle change.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 224 18:34
Well hello there. I was the one who declined your handle.

As I go through the list of join requests, often i'll login and there will be quite a few names awaiting me. As I go through we have neat little buttons that can redirect us directly to google or wikipedia for a quick cross-check of the name submitted so we can weed out any that belong to other fictional universes, real-life famous people, etc.

In your case, your name turned up the same as a famous composer from England who composed upwards of 11 symphonies and 15 string quartets and therefore I denied your request for the following rule: "9. You may not have a handle that closely resembles that of a famous real life person or organisation." You see, he's sort of a big deal in the world of classical music.

Please submit something that is not your name, not a name for someone famous, and maybe even something a little more exotic for the exotic universe we find ourselves in. Thank you.

Edited By: Dollian Teague on Year 12 Day 224 18:35

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Year 12 Day 224 20:52
Would "Bob Simpsoni/Simpsini" be valid? (just attempting to help get a new playing into the game using a name similar to the one they seem to be fond of)

Year 12 Day 224 23:01
Shuji Shizuka

I cannot stress enough how tremendously foolish it is to use your real last name anywhere online...

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 225 10:02
Tiali, check the rules-page for handle requirements and if it clears them all then it should be fine.

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.