199 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:43:27

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Problem gettintg handle accepted. Says I only submiited one name not a first and last.
Hello SWC People!

I am trying to sign up for SWC and create a character but I am having some trouble getting my handle accepted. Here is the rejection email I get:

Dear Thane Elderan,

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your handle does not match out current rules requirements. It was turned down because a last or first name was lacking. Your handle requires both a FIRST and a LAST name. Please refer to the Character Creation rules page located at /rules/?Character_Creation for more information.

On the character creation page I only see one field for the handle not a first and last field so I typed the full name into that one field.

If anyone could help me out or tell me what I am doing wrong I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks and may the Force be with you.

Probably a mistaken button-press on the part of the person that processed your application. Submit again.

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Arete,

Thanks for your reply. I probably should have mentioned that this is the second time I tried and I got the same email both times. Is there any penalty for trying the same name multiple times? If there is not I will just keep retrying.

For some rejection reasons, the name will be added to an auto-reject process. Things like illegal last name, illegal name, not more than one word etc are added I believe. Try a different name.

Ellias_sig6.png
Olan Kaabe

In addition, from the general structure of your posts, grammar, and spelling, you seem like the kind of person we would want around here. Please stick around and enjoy our excellent community.

transsig.png
Thane Elderan

Hey everyone,

It's me, the original poster. I tried it again and as you can see I now have an account! Yay! So I suppose 3rd time's the charm.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your helpful responses. I am looking forward to being a part of this community. See you guys around!

Regards,
Thane

I keep asking them to take that one out, as well as a couple of other redundant ones (since the system checks it/the rules have changed) but no dice yet. :/

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.