Time

02:38:08

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Where are my ship controls?!
Year 12 Day 235 8:08
Kayla Snow

I am on my ship and, for some reason, the ship controls button is missing. I know I didn't die and I know that I am in orbit around a planet. What's wrong and how do I fix it?

Year 12 Day 235 8:09
Maybe you were unassigned as pilot/commander, in which case you cannot access the controls.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 235 9:33
Either that or you're running IE and have to refresh in the cockpit room.

Rawth Shacklefist
ZE-believer.jpg
Year 12 Day 235 10:29
Kayla Snow

No im definately locked out. Says I have no access to the cockpit. Any advice on what to do now?

Year 12 Day 235 11:17
Blot Hlidskjalf

contact the owner of your ship (your faction probably).
you even could enter the entrance room and look if you could board another ship.
maybe your current ship was only a shuttle to the orbit?

Year 12 Day 235 11:17
Who owns the ship? and have you done anything to upset them for any reason?
Personally I would contact a reputable transport faction that can get you out NOW. If you ask just anyone they could just kidnap you.
It could just be an accident that you were taken off control, but not worth your life to find out, in my opinion. Someone could very well be coming to kill you this instant. If that is the case you might want to take this opportunity to balance out your finances and assign stuff to people you like in case you are about to die....
I dont know you but I hope that is not the case regardless.

Year 12 Day 235 11:41
I just hijacked your account to check for myself and there was no problem through your account with your controls. Everything to access to cockpit and the travel controls is in perfect working order. What browser are you using? Is it updated?

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Year 12 Day 235 12:48
Ummm....okaay....I'm a little uncomfortable knowing you just hijacked my account. Please don't do that again.
I was just reassigned my ship and am in hyperspace so I'm safe. Thank you all for your concern

Year 12 Day 235 12:50
Kayla Snow

P.S.: visitor was me

Year 12 Day 235 12:52
Kayla, Arete is a game Admin and was only trying to help you.

Year 12 Day 235 12:56
In this instance it was to make sure you did have access so I would be thankful there is at least one Asim willing to go through that much effort for anyone. Something that was definitely missing from some past ones.... not to name names or anything.
--Arch, out.

Year 12 Day 235 13:15
Thanks Arch and Elijah. Kayla, as an ASim I routinely hijack accounts on a daily basis in my role to investigate possible rule infractions, to clear up and assists with technical support and all sorts of other reasons.

Year 12 Day 235 15:12
Kayla Snow

Please take no offense to my comment, for none was meant. I appreciate you doing so to help me and am sorry if it came across as disrespect. Personally, I think it's cool how the admin. aren't some distant entities and the assistants aren't computer voices. Rather, you are players just like us who are willing to take the time to check on us to help us where help is needed. You hacked my prof to help and, again, I am thankful. However, I am against people who hack profs with malicious intent, which you didn't do. Again, I appologize greatly if my comment came across as negative. Thank you for being involved with the gamers, and thus being awesome.
Keep up the great work!

Year 12 Day 235 16:46
Olan Kaabe

Kayla there's a little option at the top panel of every ASim's account (called Admin), that let's them assist, ban, accept, and support the playerbase. She did not view your password or access your data or any such thing.

transsig.png
Year 12 Day 235 17:05
No offense taken Kayla, no worries. I get plenty of offensive comments in other ways from other people as it is, so it's no problem either way! If anyone ever hacks accounts illegally and for malicious intent, that's a bannable offense.

Year 12 Day 235 17:53
If anyone ever hacks accounts illegally and for malicious intent, that's a bannable offense.

- "Arete"

I thought that was more of a Jenos e-mailing your mom offense.

Year 12 Day 235 19:49
The ASims don't hack at all - there is a tool that allows them to put in the name of a character and they login as that character. They don't see any details about passwords etc.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 235 22:34
Indeed, Kayla, you notice Arete used the term "hijacked", not "hacked".

As a developer, the ability for assistants to hijack accounts I don't have personal access to in order to check on bug reports, etc. is invaluable. It is also logged in the Admin Events and can't be done surreptitiously for personal gain.