Time

22:52:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Med factions spamming and Medicae Neb-B DCs
Page 1 2
I wanted to ask about two things.

Medicae-class Nebulon-B Frigate have a restricted number of uses.
Is there any logical explanation for reason why this and only this (afaik - unless I'm wrong on that) DC has restricted number of uses?
Is there any good OOC reason? And any good IC explanation?
I understand when a faction owning DC gives someone certain number of DC uses the user gets license to use it those few times. But how come that a company owning tech, blueprints, designs and probably people who designed it, suddenly after producing said ship loses ability to make it again?
For me it seems illogical, but I may not know all the factors.

Also the other question connected to this.
For whatever reason this restriction is, why is it allowed for people to spam multiple medical factions just to sell the Medicae DCs and dissolve after a week or two?
I don't know if it should get reported anyhow as I hear it has been done for long time in history of SWC and still is being done with people earning fortunes on exploiting system without punishment of any kind even though creation of such faction and prompt dissolutions is quite visible.
Or is it accepted for some reason?

Either punishing them or removing the restriction (if it is as illogical as appears to me) could probably serve to reduce such abuse.

I'd like to write it's not my point to criticize anyone, as on IRC writing this in a bit less consolidated and formed manner caused a lot of trolling accusations and general storm. I would just like to know some answers to this, I'm only about 1,5 year in SWC, so I may not know all inside workings and reasons...

Edited By: Til Shaedlaer on Year 12 Day 235 18:24

mystats.php?uid=c5309
TSKIMtil.png
Initially it was unlimited. But people started selling lots of DCs and lots were under production, and apparently this medical frigate is a super powerful warship that can outfight everything (or at least in Veynoms opinion) so it was restricted to prevent spamming of this awesome, fleet destroyer.

Because of this, the admins don't care about all the medical factions being spammed as they like that it removes 25mil credits a pop from the game.

Ellias_sig6.png
I never quite understood all of the fuss over the Medicae. It was, at best, on par with several other mid-level warships that are available on the market (Kaloth, Neutron, Lictor). I think it had more to do with the fact that the monopoly on capital warships that the larger, more established factions had would be destroyed. Why fork over millions for a DC usage when any old medical faction had access to a decent ship DC?

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
But they've got no weapons... So how are they fleet-killers? Do they destroy other ships by keeping the troops alive?

Not even Death's embrace shall save you from me.

There are too many good guys in this galaxy, which is why you have me.

mystats.php?uid=c6464
Um, you really need to check the rules a bit more often...they have guns.

Ellias_sig6.png
Ewan Ivanow

Kettrifee Air Mover It also has a weapon on board, it means that it should be forbidden, because when it will be in greater numbers can overcome AT-AT...

Great admiral should take a look on self, on his Super Star Destroyer, because SSD is super powerful warship that can outfight everything and SSD is awesome fleet destroyer...

Medicae-class Nebulon-B Frigate don't have superior ability to destroy fleets...

oh, sorry ellias, thought there were no guns last time i checked, must have forgotten. But even with that pitiful armament, you're not getting anywhere. Small freighters have better weaponry than that.

mystats.php?uid=c6464
There are very few capital ships which can outgun even a simple squadron of fighters. And the Medicae is certainly not among them. Even the full fledged Nebulon-B is outgunned by a squadron of R-41s!

Fact is, capital ships aren't very powerful, except for the "big three". Their main useful purpose is for support roles: Fighter transport, sensor support, etc. The Medicae is little threat as a warship. It's would only be useful for what it was actually intended for: A medical ship. Imagine that! Of course, it can also provide sensor support, but it can't even carry fighters, so you'd still need other warships in your fleet as well.

If I wanted to take down an ISD, SSD, or Mon-Cal, I certainly wouldn't send a dozen medicaes at it! A dozen squadrons of pretty much any decently armed fighter would be a much better option.

Fact is, the medicae is simply not a threat to other warships any more so than the other non restricted vessels. There is no reason for each faction to only be able to use one datacard.

this medical frigate is a super powerful warship that can outfight everything (or at least in Veynoms opinion) so it was restricted to prevent spamming of this awesome, fleet destroyer.

- Ellias

Sarcasm, people. Sarcasm.

Edit: In answer to the original questions - Most likely it was an arbitrary decision. Those things happen.

Edited By: Dollian Teague on Year 12 Day 236 10:46

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Well then, lesson learnt. Ellias should use sarcasm tags when being sarcastic.

So arbitrary decision? Didn't want to many hospitals flying around do we.

mystats.php?uid=c6464
I thought it was pretty clear already he was being sarcastic...

Me too, thought that language implied that it was very silly to be considered such a thing. Ah well.

But in all seriousness, I still think it should be re-looked at and reinstated to its infinite uses again.

Ellias_sig6.png
Darian Dash

Might stop people starting up factions just to get the dc.
Also stop a bunch of useless stocks flooding CPM.

Korvas Varik

^why though? I thought any credit sink was a good one. If people wanna spend that many creds to start a med faction just to get the DC then it is all well.

varik1
Spending 25m to get a DC / ship people will pay hundreds of millions for isn't really a no-win scenario for the rich bastard in our hypothetical.

Plus it's a very artifical credits sink, very hard to explain IC I think ;P
And other quite good credits sink is in process of being implemented... Combat... When stuff gets blown up it'll have to be rebuilt, produced etc with all its costs ;P
Probably more other logical credits sinks like ammo or NPC wages were scrapped for now too, so keeping such one that is an effect of people sort of breaking rules by using exploit... ;P

mystats.php?uid=c5309
TSKIMtil.png
Darian Dash

It'd be nice to get a ruling from admin if this does break the rules.
Maybe BEFORE i gather another handful of people to start a new med faction :)

It seems to me that a civilized galaxy like ours would encourage having an abundance of hospital ships as a counterpoint to the many warships being cranked out on a daily basis by the multitude of factions, nfg's and individuals who find it profitable to do so. I personally have never agreed with Veynom's unilateral decision to limit each MedNeb DC usage to one. This ludicrous situation could be remedied by reinstating infinite usages. But I don't expect that to happen.

Photino50Nakeshsig.png
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

The administration has already ruled on this long ago when they added the restriction, Darian.

Darian Dash

Thanks TQ :)
Was it ruled to be an exploit of the rules to start a faction just to get the DC
or just ruled to be limited use?

Would i need to keep the faction until the construction of the Neb is started or can the dc be cancelled part way through construction by the faction being dissolved?

Anyone know how long construction takes on a Neb-B?
Is it the same amount of time in a SY2-SY4?

Page 1 2