276 are online

Year

Day

Time

14:31:28

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Why Is UzimakiKun a bad username?
Page 1 2
Year 12 Day 251 14:46
Devon Uchiha Ruhl

Kun is a term is a form of endearment in the Japanese language, same as Baby, husband, etc... Pick your choice. I have reviewed the rules, it says no inappropriate, foul, explicit, or inappropriate for a PG-13 situation. That name is perfect it is not against the rules. :) Can you get a moderator to review this situation, and get back to me?

"Dear Uzimaki Kun,

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your handle does not match our current rules requirements. It was turned down because it either contains numbers/special characters or it doesn't sound like a name (ie: Red Wolf). Please refer to the Character Creation rules page located at /rules/?Character_Creation for more information.
"

orkodg.png

"Here's my plan to become a leader, the bandits seem to respect violence and nice armor. Well, I'm pretty violent, and I found this armor."
Year 12 Day 251 15:42
Fyston Sutsgy

Not experienced with this, but it could be because "Kun" is a Japanese honorific. It's thus generally attached to someone's name rather than being a name in itself. Now, if you wanted to be known as Uzimaki-kun, you could try making a new first name and having friends call you as such.

It could also be a slight misspelling of Uzumaki, the last name of the main character, Naruto, in the show "Naruto."

Year 12 Day 251 16:18
Someone likely hit the wrong option. Handle Rule 3:

You may not use the name or last name of an existing Star Wars character 

See: Exar Kun

Year 12 Day 251 20:47
Japanese honorifics are not names. They will be declined whether they have been used for canon Star Wars characters or not. We wouldn't accept Mr Uzumaki, we will not accept Uzumaki Kun, Uzumaki San, Uzumaki Sama, etc.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 251 21:28
Just re-submit it as "Uzimaki Nuk" or even "Ikamizu Nuk"

Year 12 Day 251 22:44
Shuji Shizuka

-.-

-Kun is indeed an honorific, and that would probably fall under the titles rules.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 252 15:17
Devon Uchiha Ruhl

What is the point of making it unusable? .-.

orkodg.png

"Here's my plan to become a leader, the bandits seem to respect violence and nice armor. Well, I'm pretty violent, and I found this armor."
Year 12 Day 252 16:02
Following the Rules?

Year 12 Day 252 16:02

“You may not use the name or last name of an existing Star Wars character ”

End of story.

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Year 12 Day 252 17:25
Better tell that to the dozens of members with the last name Kun, eh?

ns8LjpC.png

Y15 D337 - The day a God was proven mortal

Year 12 Day 252 18:03
People being grandfathered in, or accepted by someone who has insufficient knowledge of the EU to be using the tools (and sadly we've had a couple of them) do not dictate policy or mean that the stated rules should be ignored going forwards.

Devon, please have your illegal multi read the handle rules more clearly before resubmitting. Again.

Edited By: Hal Breden on Year 12 Day 253 18:03

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 253 1:37
Korvas Varik

You may not use the name or last name of an existing Star Wars character

- Bianci and Arete

Yet we have Skywalkers, Lukes, and Padme's......

Still, it's their galaxy. Your name was rejected because F**k you, that's why. Despite the other names allowed. Here is a consolation prize

Edited By: Korvas Varik on Year 12 Day 253 1:41
Year 12 Day 253 1:44
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Two of those aren't even last names and the last one is explained in the post above yours.

Year 12 Day 253 1:47
Korvas Varik

Did you miss the first part where it made a point of saying "the name" making it different from the last name?

varik1
Year 12 Day 253 1:49
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Yes, the name as in the full name. I suppose you missed the part where it specifically states that a first name is allowed?

Year 12 Day 253 1:53
Korvas Varik

Most likely. >.> still...admin,mod, game helpers fault at allowing other names to be allowed is fine without making said names change is alright because they got one past them? Awesome....perseverance is indeed a virtue

Lesson be learnt: Have good timing, find the member of the swc team that is; overworked,tired,not paying attention, having an off day and you will be allowed to break the rules that others are forced to deal with

Edited By: Korvas Varik on Year 12 Day 253 1:56

varik1
Year 12 Day 253 2:36
Not fault but changing rules. The current handle rules haven't always been like that and handles that were accepted during different rules were not changed to reflect the new rules (thus we have one-name handles and a few canon last names).

This has been explained in detail dozens of times, unfortunately people often don't want to accept or understand it.

Year 12 Day 253 9:52
Did you miss the first part where it made a point of saying "the name" making it different from the last name?

- Korvas Verik

Ten covered the issue of the last-names, as for "the name" portion of your criticism - that relates specifically to a name in its entirety, e.g. "Wedge Antilles," "Ahsoka Tano," etc. Thus, a last-name of "Antilles" would be against the rules as would the name in its entirety of any character. Neither of those precludes a first-name, however. So "Han" or "Padme" or "Luke" are perfectly acceptable first-names for any character so long as the last name differs.

As for the other reasons people have come through with names that are against current rules has been covered by Hal and Togan, but since you seem to just want to complain about the administration I will reply by copying their answers which are correct and which deserve to be read and comprehended and nothing more if you are unable to provide anything constructive to the discussion:

People being grandfathered in, or accepted by someone who has insufficient knowledge of the EU to be using the tools (and sadly we've had a couple of them) do not dictate policy or mean that the stated rules should be ignored going forwards.

- Hal

The current handle rules haven't always been like that and handles that were accepted during different rules were not changed to reflect the new rules (thus we have one-name handles and a few canon last names).

- Togan

Edit:
Ten> ten covered both issues, in your face arete
Ten> I covered the sh*t out of that
Ten> I was all over that like charlie sheen over a glass table filled with c*ca*ne

Edited By: Dollian Teague on Year 12 Day 253 10:15

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Year 12 Day 253 10:27
Not fault but changing rules. 

One word: Ranma

Edited By: Hal Breden on Year 12 Day 253 10:28

Year 12 Day 253 16:50
So, No one has noticed, that he went to create a second account? No one noticed that he was logged in when he posted? How observant...

1/ Multi Accounts

Every member of the combine may only have ONE character. Registering more than one character, logging into someone else's account, or giving your character to someone else in order to create a new one is PROHIBITED. Anyone breaking this rule will be banned from the Combine.

- Above Link

Edit: Unless his account was recently accepted, and he thought of bringing this up...

Edit2: Seems Hal did notice, but not that clearly.

Edited By: Gavin Rollan on Year 12 Day 253 16:51

msGAc.gif
411-6154-ubd2908.png
zhao.png
Page 1 2